Adding items to travelling merchants

Machienzo

So I'm completely new to the idea of the GECK, but I've been trying my best to mod FO3. I've hit a snag, involving adding items to vendors. This is applying for both traveling merchants and normal vendors. I've noticed a few different versions, on the GECK main page and on Youtube and it's all really confusing. So I need very specific but very simple help on how to add items to Traveling Merchants and normal merchants. At this time, I'm only looking to add items to Crow and Doctor Preston, but if this works out then I will plan on adding more items. I'm also adding items which already exist in the game, and not ones I've created from scratch. This has been bugging me for a few days and I would really appreciate any and all help!

Travelling merchants don't really carry the stuff that they sell on their brahmin and store vendors don't keep their inventory in the cabinets that appear to hold the merchandise. Those are just links to where the real inventory is stored in an interior cell called "VendorChestsCell". Find that in the list of interior cells and view it. You will see a large group of containers that are labelled with the name of each vendor. If you check the filter box and type in "crow" next to it then the list will be narrowed down to "VendorChestCrowREF". You can add items to that, or better yet create a unique levelled list of items to place in it.

Vendors will not sell any type of merchandise you place in their inventory that is not of a type checked off on their personal object window. If you look at Crow's AI Data you will see Armor, Alcohol, Stimpaks, Books and Miscellaneous. So if you place weapons in his inventory he will not offer them unless you check off Weapons in his AI Data.

• 2 weeks later...
Another slight issue has occured with this. The items that Crow sells are all at 100% repair rate. I did set them to lower rates in the GECK, but they don't show up like that in the game.