jackpack's armoury

jackpack

what what :D

im been busy. sofar i now have over 250 guns with about 40% not yet in this game in any form.

im also working on a mod and have rigged over 1000 items from furniture to food and have a we bit it go, but i also got a very good modder onboard with me so expect something spectacular from the two of us. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget, half of the process is getting it ingame, getting the weapons fully functional with animation and parts that move as intended is the other battle. (the harder one, if you are constrained to using vanilla reload/deploy/holster anims, etc), unless you want to toggle Fose-activated custom anims which would be a PITA), and dont forget hold-poses, we dont want hands to clip through! most of the 2142 weapons may still cliip a little bit for most people, unless they have some lame Weapon-holding-pose mod activated, inwhich case all the guns clip horribly =(

alas, gun animations are the secret sauce of awesomesness, and all our hands are tied by bethesda not letting us have custom reload anim slots =(

gotta love technical limitations =(

no bother at all.

working away but i now have along with new creatures, cows, pigs ect i got about 30 vehicles all drivable & buildings & new working armour mech types.

and alien npcs :D

gona take a while but iv done about 4000 models in 3weeks so maby sooner than i think haha.

i hope you are keeping a list of credits, sounds like it will be a long list indeed!

no, nothing wrong i suppose, but the estimated work time to produce a next gen quality hero weapon from scratch these days is usually 3-7 days minimum, depending on its complexity... i think some of the GoW weapons took way longer... bear in mind though, that means create model and tex from nothing... porting content is way faster, but still... im keen to see end results!

Maybe i work really slow, but for me a weapon can take a whole day if its being really stubborn with moving parts, rotations and pivots, collision, nodes and holding poses, reload anims, sounds, all that stuff.

Which reminds me, you are going to be using those weapons new custom sounds right? We dont want to hear 4000 weapons with 10mm SMG sound effects lol ;)

aye new sounds, i got my pack :)

been looking at some mods for ideas & some of them are brillant. there a lot of good stuff kicking about from alex pda to real time setteler.

i got my work cut out to bring new stuff hear, but i think i got something ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
The amount of stuff you have being worked on, and finished is really astonishing. I sure do hope you haven't given up on this, it definitely is worth a lot more people being openly interested in it that it has. (that is judging from the posts in this thread of course)