Combining weapon meshes, doesn't work when equipped.

So I tried combining two meshes together are different parts of a weapon, I previewed the animation and it looks fine and the weapon even renders correctly as an item outside my inventory, but as soon as I equip it, it bugs out and reverts back to one of the original weapons. Any ideas?

If it helps I'm trying to merge and Assault rifle with the magazine of a combat shotgun.

Any help is appreciated.

On the surface it sounds like you changed the Model Mesh, but not the 1st Person Model Object. When you open the Weapon in the GECK you go to the Art and Sound tab and you will see a section called Model.

Model is what all NPC's show, including the Player in 3rd Person, when the weapon is equipped.

1st Person Model Object is what shows when you equip the weapon and are in 1st Person. This model is usually a higher resolution, but it does not have to be. If this section says None then it just uses the standard 1st Person Model Object mesh.

World Model is what the weapon shows when it is sitting in the world on a the ground or shelf or whatever. If world model is not filled in with a mesh it will just use the standard mesh model.