i got a new piece of tek

eXoduis

Here we go then, i bought a new laptop, i dont have a 8800 on it as i thought i would have but it does have a ATI HD 3200, anybody has a sugeestion for graphic settings and enhancement?

Cheers

If you're using Vista hit your start button and open your control panel.

Open system.

Click on "Windows Experience Index".

There will be a link called "View and print details", click on it.

On the next page there will be a section called Graphics, copy and paste if you don't mind. ;)

btw here it is

Graphics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Total available graphics memory 1519 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 1263 MB

Display adapter driver version 8.640.0.0

Primary monitor resolution 1366x768

DirectX version DirectX 10

The memory that matters is the dedicated graphics memory of 256, shared system memory is garbage. Weird laptop resolution btw :P

I play the game with most settings down and like a 1200x700 resolution or something wierd, I find playing the game at lower resolutions annoying so I turn down effects and some things off. Your card could probably run at whatever resolution you want with some effects up and others down, you'll probably have to play around with the settings to see what is tolerable for you.

Doesnt F3 have higher system requirements than Oblivion? I thought I had looked at F3's min and wasnt sure how well my laptop would play it.

Without looking up your card you should probably decide what enhancements you want to try after you see what settings you end up using in game, I avoid ones that have a noticeable fps hit but if I had a better system I know there are some nice mods out there that improve looks at a system cost <.<