Suggestion for FO3Nexus Gallery

Mekii

*Cough* I meant FO3Nexus File Image Gallery...

I came to think on that whenever a new picture is uploaded, either by the author or an user, that will be shown

in the display picture at the description page of the file.

I also came to think on that some uploads pictures that they might call: Album Cover, Cover, Gallery Cover, Mod box shot and so on.

So, why not create an function, on the page where you manage the pictures for a file, which allows you to select

a image as the Album/Gallery cover?

No matter how many pictures that gets uploaded after this function is activated, the selected

picture will always be shown in the gallery display picture.

Well, just an idea about an function I like to use when I manage my Photo/Image gallery

at other sites that have this kind of function.

This is probably not going to happen. Here is why if a user uploads an inappropriate image that is NSF, the filter cannot be set....only the file page uploader and those with file admin rights can do this.

If someone posts a link on the ESF two weeks ago, then some fool uploads an offensive image [not known by the uploader} and today someone clicks on it and sees nudity and reports it to the staff on the ESF, it results in an instaban of the poster of the link, not the person who uploaded the image here. No sweat, another modder quits and pulls his work.

The file uploader has control of what appears on his file page and image section and can choose what he feels will get the desired effect on the file search and file page. He is solely responsible for it, if he allows others to upload images without approval and someone uploads something offensive, the file will be set adult and he will receive notice of why it was done. If the image is so despicable that it offends many and my report bucket fills up with them, the file will be set hidden completely until the page owner corrects the issue. After a few of weeks the file will be deleted from the data base entirely, as the mod has been abandoned and is no longer supported or taken care of.

Trust me, you can't trust anyone but yourself to control what is on your file page.

Buddah

I found it out the hard way, posted a link to file....three weeks later someone clicked it and got an eyeful, problem was she was showing mom the dresses she found...and some numb nut had posted some rather explicit shots in the user uploaded images section and promptly reported the post. Got me a warning, it could have been worse. So this is from personal pain and experience.

Buddah

Oh cheese, that were an unexpected hit in te head, I guess.

That also made an question to pop up in my head... umm... donno how I should ask it though, think I'll need to refresh my knowledge about the ToS first.