My last year college project!

Necromancist

So, I'm in my last year of college (in Sweden) and everyone has to do a project. I've decided to make a fully voice-acted companion for Fallout 3, and have already found a prospective voice actor. However, there's one problem:

I don't have any experience modding Fallout 3 at all.

Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone could direct me to some useful tutorials on using the G.E.C.K, and specifically making companions. Also, I'm wondering if you can do lipsyncing in G.E.C.K or if you need a 3rd-party program for that. I also need to know if there's any sort of modder's resource I can base my companion's script on, since I don't have any experience with that either (alternatively if there's any way to extract and modify the existing scripts for a vanilla companion, and if this is legal). The project is due by February, and anyone who would be willing to help me with the whole thing is welcome to do so.

And I need to know if the whole thing is even possible at all.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have any experience modding Fallout 3 at all.

Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone could direct me to some useful tutorials on using the G.E.C.K, and specifically making companions.

As someone new to modding Fallout 3 and using this forum. the first thing that I would advise you to do is read.

At the top of this page are pinned subjects that you skipped past that deal with all of the issues that you have asked about. Most everything that you will wonder about as you get started has already been asked about many times. Those sort of things are quite often placed in the FAQ thread. People who are new to the forum quite often ignore those posts up there and ask questions that have already been answered and ask for links to tutorials that have been clearly posted and ignore the thread that is titled "New to GECK & Modding? Look Here Please., Links, Links, Links..."

Then learn to search. Keywords can lead you to many threads that are not listed up there but still may answer questions that you have.

Doing these things will get you the majority of the answers that you need as a beginner and also avoid creating needlessly repetitive threads that only serve to fill up the Nexus' memory allocations. It also shows respect for the many people who have taken the time to create the tutorials and FAQs.

If you search through the available resources, including Google and any other search engine that you might like to use, and still can't find an answer that satisfies you, then that is a good time to start a thread to get your questions resolved.