Mass Effect: Female Heavy Armour

djhDET

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew. That was an effort. Just sorted out all the lightmaps and entered all the variants into the gameworld.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/435063/fo3vsme/scorpion.jpg

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/435063/fo3vsme/gallery.jpg

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/435063/fo3vsme/Fallout3-2009-08-29-18-48-58-56.jpg

You can pick up mass effect for 20 bucks. I got mine at amazon for 5 bucks. See, I read through the whole ripping thing but I just get a headache. Otherwise I would Rip it. (I would rip from all the games i have!)

Can you possibly not release, but PM it or put it on some hosting site? :confused:

That teasing is killing me ( and not only me ).

SoA

I appreciate the interest and apologise if it looks like I'm teasing - that's not my intent. As for hosting/distributing/sending the files, I simply can't do it. Not only do I work with games as a career, but I know that Bioware and EA, two notably litigious companies, value this particular bit of IP very highly. That probably has something to do with a) the imminent Mass Effect 2, and b) the release of this very armour on the Xbox Live Avatar Marketplace only the other week. So no, it won't be leaving my PC, and for more than just ethical reasons. Obviously, under different circumstances, I'd love to host it anywhere and everywhere so people could enjoy it. I know people have redistributed stuff from UT and Mirror's Edge, but it's not something I can advocate. (I am a bit of a hypocrite there: I did use those mods, though I also own the games.)

Actually you are normally "allowed" to re-distribute those mods as long as you credit Bioware, EA and Demiurge, especially Bioware and EA, since Demiurge "only" ported it to PC and I know what I'm talking about (2+ years heavy experience with ripped models and the law regarding it).

The only "bad" thing, which could happen, is, that Bioware, EA and/or Demiurge will ask you to take down the files, but I highly doubt that and normally you won't get sued.

A good example is the Master Chief model for Unreal Tournament 3. Why?

1. The Master Chief is normally only for the Halo Series, but Microsoft had no problem with it being in UT3.

2. Microsoft had no problem as well with the Master Chief UT3 model being compiled/cooked for the PS3 version of UT3.

3. Actions like those are good advertisement and 99% of all companies either do not care or even like the work done by their fans. Fact.

Another example is the Tribes: Vengeance model pack. It has been ported from T:V to UT2k4 and is download-able for everyone. It has never been taken down from any of the sites.

If you want to check this, then browse the Unreal Tournament 3 forums, skincity.beyondunreal.com and other unreal tournament sites/ressources.

INFO!!!

This is my! experience within the ripping scene and I know many people, who ripped models, re-rigged them and ported them for other games and never got sued. If you made other experience, then please do not troll on me. Thanks.

Greetz,

Maxunit

EDIT:

Another source is checking out the Facepunch forums. There's a shitload of ripped and ported models from Final Fantasy games, Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2, Turok 2008, Gears of War etc. Nearly a number of ports not possible to count.