Mass Effect: Female Heavy Armour

djhDET

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i may release it but not until i finish it for myself as i want it. and even then obviously it won't be on the nexus but if anyone is able to find the base texture for the helmet, then i'll give the armor to you as a reward. With 2000 words worth of papers to right i don't have the time to fully look through every damn upk in mass effect to find it.

i may release it but not until i finish it for myself as i want it. and even then obviously it won't be on the nexus but if anyone is able to find the base texture for the helmet, then i'll give the armor to you as a reward. With 2000 words worth of papers to right i don't have the time to fully look through every damn upk in mass effect to find it.

I don't think there is a base texture for the helmet.

Only thing i managed to find are creature textures , strange that one of the gek units is in the creature section.

And one weapon that had the base texture with it in the upk.

There where some others , i even found something that looks like it would fit the helmet but it didn't.

Only thing i managed to find are creature textures , strange that one of the gek units is in the creature section.

There where some others , i even found something that looks like it would fit the helmet but it didn't.

has anyone tried checking to see if the helmet uses the same base Tex as the armor. From the pics in the first page it looks like that might be possible, with a separate tex for the visor. I suppose I could go out and buy the game for PC, (I have the 360 version) and whip this up, but it looks like neo is well on his way to getting it done.

has anyone tried checking to see if the helmet uses the same base Tex as the armor. From the pics in the first page it looks like that might be possible, with a separate tex for the visor. I suppose I could go out and buy the game for PC, (I have the 360 version) and whip this up, but it looks like neo is well on his way to getting it done.

never thought of this, and i just checked and no such luck. idk maybe there is no true base texture and it is just a bunch of parts scattered around but that dosn't seem like something a professional company would do. gotta be there somewhere. once i can get the damned texture finishing it should be easy as can be.

I did a quick google search and found:

"Yup, the helmet's unchangeable at the moment. I believe the helmet texture is somewhat like the face/makeup ones---it's just one complex texture used for ALL variations, the game just loads "bits as needed". If you tried to alter a red helmet stripe, it'd change that stripe for every helmet, etc."

from Mass effect forum

As far as I know they had a lot of trouble trying to texture helmets don't think they ever managed it as every texmod I saw for ME never included the helmet, most likely because they couldn't change it.

I found a method somewhere of being able to list the textures you see ingame, but I lost the page.

edit:

Using texmod to cycle through onscreen textures

That was it, I don't know if that's any use or not though. Either way good luck finding it :)

the only way i found to make the helmet match a suit was retexturing

i sent a pm to djh_ asking for references to make some, but he didn't replyed yet

i've made some, just to test...

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/782/screenshot9z.jpg

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/1457/screenshot8x.jpg