Mass Effect: Female Heavy Armour

djhDET

Sure you can...give them the Pythagoras stuff to learn and their head will explode. I saw it once already, when someone in the DC Ruins studied the Pythagoras stuff. He was mumbling some math related things and suddenly he started to scream and his head exploded. I then checked his corpse and found the Book of the Pythagoras including a Book from Skippy the Fluffy Bunny.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the helmets posted so far, beyond the textures not really doing justice to Bioware's without the various tints and overlays, is that the visors aren't using the environment map properly. Instead, they seem to be using it as a diffuse texture which is just creating a black, partially transparent surface. If you look at the reference shot in the OP, you'll notice that it's actually opaque and textured entirely by an environment map, much like Master Chief's. Sadly, I have neither the time nor skills to figure out how to do this in nifskope, let alone conjuring up a faithful texture for the rest of the helmet. Unlike the rest of the armour, much of the colouring and decal work for the helmets is done in-engine in Mass Effect, making this a pretty big job if you want to do it properly.

Sure you can...give them the Pythagoras stuff to learn and their head will explode. I saw it once already, when someone in the DC Ruins studied the Pythagoras stuff. He was mumbling some math related things and suddenly he started to scream and his head exploded. I then checked his corpse and found the Book of the Pythagoras including a Book from Skippy the Fluffy Bunny.

That was entirely convincing. I shall never curse again. Furthermore I will download the PG version of Fallout 3 which replaces the gun sounds with "POW! POW! KABOOSH!", deathclaws with Barney the Dinosaur and supermutants with Teletubbies.

Moving back to the topic. I want that armour and helmet really bad.

Oh, absolutely. I'm not taking anything away from what the other guys did, and I'm sure when someone inevitably puts this out a lot of people will appreciate the work. I'm just trying to shed light on the disparity between the reference image and the current FO3 version, in case someone has the time and motivation to improve it.

EDIT: Incidentally, here's what I've done with mine. You'll notice the arms are now uniquely textured and the specular's improving. Next I'll learn how to do decals in Blender so I can restore the remaining details.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/435063/fo3vsme/newarm2.jpg

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/435063/fo3vsme/newspec.jpg

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/435063/fo3vsme/newarm1.jpg

EDIT: Incidentally, here's what I've done with mine. You'll notice the arms are now uniquely textured and the specular's improving. Next I'll learn how to do decals in Blender so I can restore the remaining details.

They look great, you really should release them as a pack :P