Jericho

Clover

Neutral Karma Followers:

Sgt. RL-3

Butch

Karmaless Followers (No Karma alignment required to get them):

Dogmeat

Charon

The best follower for combat would have to be Fawkes. He can actually seem somewhat overpowered in the vanilla game. Dogmeat is useful for exploring, since he can do things other followers can't.

best to avoid using Sgt. RL-3,

as he tends to get in the way in close combat whilst setting you aflame...

Jericho is a whining moron; after the first time, i refuse to employ him; i just dress him in funny clothes and laugh at him as he passes.

Butch has the same voice-actor as Sticky, which makes for some interesting random dialog if they are both in your party.

The best follower for combat would have to be Fawkes. He can actually seem somewhat overpowered in the vanilla game. Dogmeat is useful for exploring, since he can do things other followers can't.

i like fawkes becuz hes the most powerful and the hardest to kill which makes him indestructible unless you nuke him. and he's free. you gain him thru a quest when u have to get the G.E.C.K. And dogmeat is useful but when it come to finding things, sometimes he never comes back. i waited for atleast a week on the game. and he just dissapeared. i havent seen him since.

Good Karma Followers:

Fawkes

Star Paladin Cross

Bad Karma Followers:

Jericho

Clover

Neutral Karma Followers:

Sgt. RL-3

Butch

Karmaless Followers (No Karma alignment required to get them):

Dogmeat

Charon

Whos Charon ? and where can you find butch ?

Charon is the best, in my opinion. Whenever I start a new game I go get him from the Museum of History, and then we go destroy super mutants. Of course, there are lotsa custom companions out there, but I prefer Charon, set essential. Oblivion, however, has some amazing companion mods, that far surpass anything Fallout 3 has to offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Mod Wise:

I like Jessie and Kelsey (I modded the mods an changed their names for personal use. I just like Azaria and Daganie better)

Enclave Commander is an overpowered yet extremely fun mod (Specificly if you mod the incrase increase spawns to spawn 5-10 instead of 3-5)

I've played with several but keep going back to the mods that give you Lucy West and Brianna (Meresti stastion) Both work well together and I used them during Broken Steel. I also use a 90 second knockout mod so that if they get hurt they're out of commision for that time and I'm on my own.