Bunker 72 Problems,Bugs,

lostmisery

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/1184308-1251219455.JPG

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/7455-1-1251235195.JPG

This was created as a 1 stop place to post Any and all bugs, so that they can be corrected for the final patch 3.1

There is alot more going on in version 3 then there was in version 1 or 2, So there's more for me to go though to figure out what the problem is and how to fix it.

Currently I'm working on fixing the 1st Person Weapons problem which is effecting some of the weapons in game while using this mod. Any help or feedback to correcting such problem would be extremely helpful.

When posting a Bug or problem here Please try to include the following information

1. What you were doing when the problem occurred
  2. Where you were when the problem occurred
  3. DLC's you have installed and running
  4. What patch your system is currently on
  5. Mods you currently have installed and running ( And their load order )

Those are questions that I will ask as to narrow down the problem and the fix for it

Problems and Bugs

• Elevator timing issues (Fixed in 3.04 -Thanks BEArbiter)
  • Compatibility
  • Mainframe Elevator (For now all I can suggest is playing around with it from fully minimized to fully expanded if you experience this elevator going up to high. But I Would keep the Lounge minimized as a few changes there could alter the timing in that room
  • ***UPDATE, Players having problems with missing textures and or meshes, who ALSO HAVE both required *.bsa located in the correct location should check to make sure ArchiveInvalidation is on.
    But if that is still not working, try extracting both required *.bsa's to your fallout 3 data folder ( This can be done with FOMM )

Compatibility: is going to take a little longer as I need to download their mod to find where the conflict is.

• Fook 2. I have to look into it, but it sounds like there isn't much I can do if the regular in game weapons id has been changed. if this is the case then I dont expect fook 2 to work with the weapons sorter for quite some time. as the time involved to set it up with the set up in place would be alot more work, and for the most part right now we're just trying to correct any problem that are effecting gameplay because of this mod. and not spending as much time into making it work with EVERY mod out there. altho trying to keep up with the MAJOR mods out there will come in time, but our main goal is Fallout 3 and DLC's up and running properly.
    ---For now try moving your B72v3-03.esp file to the bottom of your .esp files and this may correct the problem, (But it still wont sort weapons created or that are new to FOOK 2)

Coming in patch 3.04

• Armor sorter (temporary)
  • New Secret Room, (This will act as the trophy room / display area and is subject to change for 3.1)
  • DLC Support (Again subject to change, it will come as 6 esp, 1 per Dlc and 1 for all the dlc's.)(This will also start to take up the expanded armory
  • New Weapons
  • Laptops
  • Elevator timing corrected
  • Mainframe elevator fixed (please send me a pm if you are experiencing this problem)
  • New extractor for both 3.04 and main file
  • 3rd entrance (players can remove both the Megaton and Tenpenny entrances and have 1 location out in the wastelands to call home)
  • Range 2 ready to go (May be pushed to 3.05)
  • Lower level of range reworked (May be pushed to 3.05)
  • Any other problems forgotten or not listed above, corrected (Please send me a PM or or post here for any problems missed)

****Release date : TBA****

****More to come****

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Problems Corrected in patch 3.03

1. Floating Lawnmower blade in the armory has been removed
  2. Mainframe Computer reinstalled in both Minimized and Expanded areas
  3. Nuka Dew effects have been corrected -(Still in testing and effect may be removed totally until a later date if problems re occur )
  4. Benches next to the Pool table in the Expanded armory have been corrected and player should no longer fall though
  5. Complex area has been Nav-meshed (companion friendly)
  6. Range has been Nav-meshed (companion friendly), (Except for the lower level which will be reworked in 3.04
  7. Security armor has been re-textured to a B72 *Thanks BEArbiter
  8. NEW Schamatic - B72 SideArm PL Upgrade
  9. NEW Schamatic - Tesla Armor
  10. Megaton Entrance will be relocated to its old setting in front of the stairs. so come 3.03 there will be no more need for the MHOO patch
  11. LCD tvs
  12. Laptops
  13. Weapons Layout Reset SHOULD be installed and ready to go
  14. B72 Side Arm damage has been increased, and its semi-auto fire rate increased slightly.
  15. B72 Side Arm (Mag) is now in the bunker. This item is not buildable at the creation table. but will repair off all other pistol types,
  16. The Main Elevator and Mainframe elevators should be harder to mess with the timing of it (But if you try i'm sure you can, and will get stuck. so dont)
  17. The bed elevator is still a little buggy if you stand away from the button while going up
  18. The projection button has been changed to the blu ray player (Expanded area only)
  19. B72 Assault style weapons will now have sound when they fire

Current Problems Corrected with patch 3.02

1. The flamer container is 1 solid peice and not 2 that and be seaperated.
  2. The minigun container is 1 solid peice now and not 2 that can be seaperated
  3. The Minilaser gun container is 1 solid peice now and not 2 that can be seaperated
  4. re aligned the mainframe elevator again
  5. Fixed the problem where Nuka-Dew Quantumish stats were not leaving the player
  6. Added a new weapon to the Creation table

Current Problems Corrected with patch 3.01

1. Duststorm in Lounge area has been removed
  2. Vengence is now sorted to its proper container
  3. No longer knocked back if standing to close to the bottom elevator button in the mainframe room
  4. altered the aligenment of the mainframe elevator where players could fall through and walk through 1 of the walls
  5. Fire storm mesh not going away corrected
  6. Fire storm reworked so its not a bright ball of fire,
  7. altered the aligenment of the Range Elevator where platers could fall through.
  8. Removed the B72 'Altered' items while I look into the texture and mesh problems on select weapons
  9. Removed mainframe terminal from both Minimized and expanded areas while I look into the Crash to Desktop error effecting players

Feel free to add to this and if you have any ideas to correct any of the above problems or any problems missed here

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the place to put all bug reports for your mod then what is the comments section on your download page for? I like to see what bugs are reported for a mod before downloading, even if those reports are completely off base. Putting them in a disassociated thread might be more convenient for you but it will make them less available to users, making them both more difficult to post and harder to see.

I have added a link to it on the main page or at least am trying to make it a link, so they can come to this page and see the errors.

like you i'll go through the readme or comments for problems I'm having with mods,

But I have noticed i'm repeating myself ALOT over information found in the readme, description, comments, and just general PM's, so yes this will be more convenient for me, but hopefully since i'm trying to have it clear across the mage page itself where else to go for informaion on bugs n such, it should also be more convenient for people to get all the information they need as I can think of a handful who have gone though all the information to not repost a question that has been answered

I still plan on keeping the page itself up to date, just having it here will be less for everyone to filter through to find or post their problem

For those time failsafes you mentioned especially with the panic room, if you can find out how to do it then make it so you can't push the button again until the animation is finished, so in that case make a timer before you can push the button again, this should eliminate problems regarding attempting to keep pushing the button and glitch the doors. and for the fallout shelter elevator when i mentioned about running to the stairs after pushing the button, if you can figure it out maybe make that area solid ( even though the animation is not finished) but more like an invisible wall, that should fix accidently walking into it. Just a few suggestions and also as an update about the quest line, i looked at G.E.C.K scripting and i do have a scripting background so i forsee that it will be quite easy to script for me. i will try and keep checking for your reply, you might want to pm me.

Yes I'm trying to decided if I should just disable player control after a button press or have it just dissapear until the animation is finished then come back afterwards.

Since nothing in there is actually set up on a timer ( aside from the autoclosing door) which I got off the geck site, some reason I just can seem to make sense of the

'set timer to timer'

part of the code so nothing happens when I go to write it,

but aside from that I see it to be a major cause in falling through the elevator if it is set up correctly and everything

I did get your Pm, but didn't dive into it much yet, but now that I got the weapons problem fixed i'll shoot you a reply shortly either before 9 or after 10

Glad you have some scripting back ground, before I decided to learn I could understand what I was reading just not really how to apply it, so it sounds like your 1 up on me as is :) which is good

ya that would make sense. heres what I found from the elderscrolls wiki under Scripting Tutorial: Creating a Simple Timer

scn timerTestScript

float timer
float fQuestDelayTime

short doOnce

begin gamemode
 set fQuestDelayTime to 0.001

if ( doOnce == 0 )
	 set timer to 5  ; Initialize the timer variable
	 set doOnce to 1
 endif

if ( timer > 0 )												
	 set timer to timer - getSecondsPassed		
 else																
	 Message "Your 5 seconds are up"
 endif  
end

and the set timer to timer part there is where i'm blocked in understanding that code,

like I pretty much understand what the script is saying to do, except for that line where I have nothing to compare it to

if it was set timerid to timeinseconds or even diffrent by 1 letter I think I would get it down pat

and ya I didn't really like that idea of hiding it either, seemed like I was child proofing it

i would suggest instead of the button dissapearing just make it unable to be activated until the timer is finished, like get a error noise. as for the timer wouldnt it be

set timerid to timeinseconds

Ok i know what it means, that if ( timer > 0) is a loop and the set timer to timer - GetSecondsPast (timer value subtract by how many seconds past) is asking the game how many seconds are passed, timer is a variable so it updates the variable then checks if it is greater then 0 and if it is it repeats the process untill timer = 0 upon which the message your 5 seconds are up will activate

Hi, I'm currently running Fallout 3 patched to 1.7, so I'm using the FO3MasterUpdate. It seems that if I update the MH patch to a master file, I can't enter my Megaton house at all, I hit [E] and nothing happens. However, it seems to work fine as a normal esp.

Just thought you might want to look into this.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm actually really new to this so i'm not sure what FO3MasterUpdate is or why you would need the patch as a master

I found this quickly while searching for what it was

Jun 18 2009, 11:34 PM

I have been trying alot of wonderful Mods here and then found the fake patch and realised i could make more mods work better so i did the fake patch, fose, then the FO3MasterUpdate. The game worked great. But found a better selection of mods, so i uninstalled it all, reinstalled, making a backup of the data this time of course which i should have done before, then did the fose, foms etc... Now here is the problem. The FO3MasterUpdate is getting errors, the mods it says are bugged are the mods that i used last time, half of them are not even in the data folder. So it is obviously reading some file it stored somewhere on my computer listing the old mods i am not using. So can someone help me?

Ok i found the fix. The hidden file is found in XP which is my OS. (((C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Fallout3\Plugins.txt))) Delete Plugins.txt then start your Fallout 3 launcher and it puts the correct mods back in the list. Someone should sticky this and leave it as a example because i have seen others with the same problem and nobody gave them a fix.

Skotte

Jun 19 2009, 02:09 AM

To help your cause...

Vista:

(C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\Fallout3\Plugins.txt)

BTW, Welcome to the Nexus

http://thenexusforums.com/lofiversion/index.php/t130696.html

So give me a little time to look into and find out what the program does if the above dosn't seem to help or matter

Hi, I'm currently running Fallout 3 patched to 1.7, so I'm using the FO3MasterUpdate. It seems that if I update the MH patch to a master file, I can't enter my Megaton house at all, I hit [E] and nothing happens. However, it seems to work fine as a normal esp.

Just thought you might want to look into this.