The Postman 1997

crossfirex

I'm not sure if too many people are familiar with "The Postman" it was first a book, and then a movie in 1997, I very much like the movie than the book myself. I have read the book too though. So to the point.

In the movie it was a very big army of forcefully recruited men from villages and towns all around after a war, who finally come across a man who escapes and creates a myth (The Postman and the Restored United States) and basically ends up lying to so many people and instead of running decides to fight.

I believe in fallout this could be a pretty good mod. Putting an organized group of raiders, that are all over the wastes that have one supreme commander and making the player into the postman, or having the player aid the postman. Some mods such as FOOK or other weapons and armor mods, could help. Such as the M16 was one of the main weapons in "The Postman" as well as the m1 Garand, Colt 45 ACP, and other things such as swords, combat knives, etc. basically stuff that's already been made for fallout. I don't do anything with scripting or dialogue unless its the basic change of dialogue, mostly because I don't understand the values and modifiers for scripts and dialogue. I can spawn raiders all over the place, and I could try to put tents/buildings, but I have no idea how to do the rest, no idea how to change cells for doors and such either so... yeah... If I try to make this I would need a lot of help. So I decided to ask here for a more experienced modder to take a hit at it. I will of course help with anything I can :D

The book of "The Postman" was a bit different, it was more of a bunch of armies known as the survivalists who had around 3-4 leaders who were made superhuman by military experimentation before a super war that rendered the US and other countries to be wiped off the planet. In the book the main weapons were from back in the 60's anything from assault rifles to a .38 caliber pistol (.38 Special) was the best weapon due to common ammo. This may also be easy to implement as I know some of these weapons may already be implemented as well. But at the end of the book it was a big battle between a hippie who was a superhuman of different grade, and a superhuman military man (the top leader of the 3-4 leaders).

So thanks for reading my suggestion. If anyone wants to know more, just post or message me :) I really hope for this mod to be made. :thanks: