Flux Capacitor Mod

steelplate

Well it depends on what you mean in " Time Travel " as there is no time in fallout 3. And your theory of going back in " time " with wait is false because Fallout 3 only loads the area as you go through it, like if your at The Capital Building, megaton and everything else out of that quadrant technically doesn't exist in game, until you load that area. So you would have to write a script that records AI pathing in which the NPCs followed while you were in that small quadrant of the map. So time travel in the recent past is impossible, but if you wanted to do something like pre war, you would just have to create a new worldspace in which using a door or object would send you back, kinda like the Tranquility Land pod scripts.

It would be to laggy in both of your opinions, as you would have to find a way to make a save edit itself via using a script and placing you at the spot you were at i.e. a Mirelurk attacking you in a save. IDK, i cant script but its only my logic here.

i think you should try your hand at a worldspace like tranquility lane & make it perfect.

then use some kind of time machine/door to travel there, do a mission & return to the normal time.

it isnt hard at all if you make the pasts & futures uniqe world spaces & cells as it wouldnt effect the origonal fallout 3 world.

!!! unless you write a story to inco-operate something like you helping some woman with a child get into v101 "thats not ment to be there" & then when you go back to the future you go to the vault "if you get in" & her great grand daughter is there :)

forget concequences as its you who's writeing it so its your what happens & not???

You couldn't go backwards in game time with Wait, but couldn't you use a script like

if xyz
set GameDaysPassed to GameDaysPassed - 30
endif

To send you a month into the past, at least as far as the game clock is concerned? I have never tried to modify GameDaysPassed this way but it seems like it should work.

Yeah, at it's base, you can wind back the clock. What that does physically to the game though is about %&$! all nothing. Unless you had some sort of quest/mod combo where you had to wait til winter was over so you could swim down to some buried ship or something, I can't see where waiting or winding back the clock could really help.

I'm looking into faking time travel with some sort of Vault Time Travel experiement at the moment. It looks promising.