Hair mod request

shioriharu

How about making it into a "armor" that takes up a sunglasses spot and is in sync with the arm and eyes? Cause i would hate to go around not feeling unique, you know?

Lad, im ok to tinker with texture and sound files, but if you want it to be an armor im not sure im the person you need. I can make the tattoes pretty fast and set em on your textures but thats all. I dont really have a clue how to make a hollow armor and do the UV mapping and such crap to be in sync with your char's body, but i think its not even possible.

If it was done under a race can it be asian? That way only asians will have it? That could slim down how many have the eye tattoo and arm tattoo.

No it can't be done. As i said its only a texture file, that applies to every human race, except for a custom i believe.

Children, ghouls, elders, mutants ant etc uses different textures. If you download a mod that lets you play as a child, that way only 4-5 residents will have the same tatto.

But i dont really get why you're so pissed by having some female NPC with the same stuff. They are mostly covered in dirt and coat anyways.

Oh and dont forget whats the real topic, : i would like to have a bobcut hairstyle in FO3 by christmas

ps.: maybe i can make that only asians use the tattoes, if i screw with the GECK, but i cant say for sure.

I have played through 2 playthroughs as a custom race, and the only problem I had was when I got to the begining of Broken Steel, but I am pretty sure there is a fix for that somewhere on the Nexus (I just swapped my race for 2 minutes and put it back and everything worked)

Yeah, you were lucky, but 2 playthroughs are not an insurance that it will work fine under all circumstances. The more custom pc configs and softwares out there the more errors that can happen. But i dont have anything against a custom race, i just mentioned it might be not safe to play with yet.

Tony, go go learn some hairsmesh basics for me >.<

I have played through 2 playthroughs as a custom race, and the only problem I had was when I got to the begining of Broken Steel, but I am pretty sure there is a fix for that somewhere on the Nexus (I just swapped my race for 2 minutes and put it back and everything worked)

Yeah, you were lucky, but 2 playthroughs are not an insurance that it will work fine under all circumstances. The more custom pc configs and softwares out there the more errors that can happen. But i dont have anything against a custom race, i just mentioned it might be not safe to play with yet.

luck has nothing to do with it, I could play through 20 more times and it would still work for me :wink:

now on someone elses setup, I wouldn't know, because I don't make a habit of breaking into peoples houses and playing Fallout with custom races on their computers

Tony, go go learn some hairsmesh basics for me >.<

I already know the basics of makeing a mesh for hair, so I am not quite sure what you mean by that...

If it was done under a race can it be asian? That way only asians will have it? That could slim down how many have the eye tattoo and arm tattoo.

No it can't be done. As i said its only a texture file, that applies to every human race, except for a custom i believe.

Children, ghouls, elders, mutants ant etc uses different textures. If you download a mod that lets you play as a child, that way only 4-5 residents will have the same tatto.

But i dont really get why you're so pissed by having some female NPC with the same stuff. They are mostly covered in dirt and coat anyways.

Oh and dont forget whats the real topic, : i would like to have a bobcut hairstyle in FO3 by christmas

ps.: maybe i can make that only asians use the tattoes, if i screw with the GECK, but i cant say for sure.

Please don't post blatantly false information.

Yes, you can use a different texture for a single race. You can create a custom race and give an individual character a distinctive tattoo/hair/body/etc. if you wish.

Please don't post blatantly false information.

Yes, you can use a different texture for a single race. You can create a custom race and give an individual character a distinctive tattoo/hair/body/etc. if you wish.

Yes after exploring GECK further i found that option, thats why i edited my comment and pasted a "p.s." there. And if you read the second line, it says that setting a custom race can have different texture.

I was just pointing out, that i cant make only one vanilla asian use different skins from all other vanilla asians. But you obviously just read the first line in my comment or you misunderstood.

To Tony.: Sorry i think i misunderstood your very first post in this thread. I thought you're learning how to make hairstyles, and once you feel ok, youll be making some.

But i just want to politely ask you, to try and make a bobcut, sometime, anytime, just dont forget it, please.

About the tattooes.: I have them ready, if you wish i can send em to you (give me a mail), and you'll set to whatever race you want in geck, i wont mess with it, cuz im afraid i wouldnt really know what im doing.

To Tony.: Sorry i think i misunderstood your very first post in this thread. I thought you're learning how to make hairstyles, and once you feel ok, youll be making some.

But i just want to politely ask you, to try and make a bobcut, sometime, anytime, just dont forget it, please.

I know everything I need to know about makeing hair meshes and textures, I just havn't made any yet

I have had very little time to work with 3Ds Max latley, and what time I have had I've spent working on the houses for my mod and learning the proper edge loop techniques to build people... Because unlike a lot of people, when I want something done, I spend time learning how to do it myself

But anyways, is this the kind of hair you want?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Nrll...le-france-7.jpg

http://www.style-hair-magazine.com/images/largebobhairstyle1.jpg

http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollections3/summerlook-b1.jpg