Requested Bundle of Seperate Mods

Anubis5o2

Okay for the longest time I've had these ideas stuck in my noggin so here goes:

1. New Perks:

- The Big, The Bad, and the Green (Similar to the Animal Friend perk, but works for mutants. Does the same; 1st Rank, they are Neutral, 2nd Rank they come to your aid.)

- Renegade (Similar to Animal Friend perk only works on Raiders.)

2. New Scripting:

- Fungus Among Us: Ever wonder where all these chems are coming from? Why can't you be a chemist too? Oblivion let you use floral ingredients to create potions, so why not allow you to harvest materials to create your own chems instead of the boring old "Infirmary" you have. Just a little thought.)

- They're Here...: Okay so we have a crashed alien spaceship.. and another.. and a mother ship out.. so where are all the GOOD driving aliens? I say we introduce maybe two or three random encounters where there is a landed (not crashed) alien ship with three aliens to each one, all equipped with their own array of blasters/ammo.

- Realistic Encumbrance: 10% Encumbrance reduces speed by 25% (Can't run), 25% Encumbrance reduces speed by 50%, can't jump, and you can't fast travel.

- Commercial Trading: This one is a bit more complex, but it could prove interesting. Say you want to make money, but don't want to do fighting. Why not become a caravan trader? Find a supplier, find a route, and find a buyer. Certain commodities, like food, become perishable and if you don't reach a destination in a specific time they are destroyed, a.k.a. you lose your profit, and money. Reasonable amount of profit, with maybe a little delivery quest givers. Of course, you could hire guards and rent Brahmin companions to store your goods in.

3. Weapons:

- Mosin Nagant: For god's sake, could someone make a reasonably high-res textured Mosin scopeless? It would really make me happy. =D

So far this is all I can remember/think of, so I'll update as more come along, feel free to create which ever you wish, no need to give me credit all I did was say words, but just please link me up if you do create any. Thanks!

I'd love realistic encumberance. But apparently ,as in most games, people don't like that, godlike strength(only for equipment though) but realistic everything else. I watched my brother playing on xbox walking around with enough weight to crush a Horse to a sticky red jelly, while still moving/shooting etc. From what I've personally tried after seeing that is, carrying 2500+ pounds of gear , I couldnt run or fast travel OOOHHHH. Shouldn't that like kill pretty much any human based creature? could be wrong. never know. Maybe my characters kryptonian or somethin

Haha, yeah. It does seem like everyone is out for godmode on this game. My best friend is a major example of this. But I am a man of difference and I prefer encumbrance =D Hell, in my opinion, if you're going to have mods for realistic everything else, why not encumbrance as well? I just like my games to be closer to reality, even if they are post-apocalyptic =P

Encumbrance makes the game more fun, as oposed to most "realism" mods, which in general I can't stand at all...

I don't use any sort of mod for it though, I just simply limit myself to 125 pounds that I will carry. I just find it more fun to only be carrying around 3 guns as opposed to an entire arsenal of weapons. Then I just switch out weapons every game day and in return I get a variety of ways to approach combat, depending on what weapons I decided to bring that day.

I absolutly don't want my games to be close to reality, but I do like the variety that encumbrance brings to gameplay.

- Commercial Trading: This one is a bit more complex, but it could prove interesting. Say you want to make money, but don't want to do fighting. Why not become a caravan trader? Find a supplier, find a route, and find a buyer. Certain commodities, like food, become perishable and if you don't reach a destination in a specific time they are destroyed, a.k.a. you lose your profit, and money. Reasonable amount of profit, with maybe a little delivery quest givers. Of course, you could hire guards and rent Brahmin companions to store your goods in.

There are two really big problems with this. First, why would I wan't money... it is really easy to come buy and there isn't much great to buy with it... I just don't think it is a good rewad. And second, traveling across the wasteland is pretty damn boring.

I like the idea of doing something other than brutally murdering people all day long, but I just don't see running around the wasteland with a brahmin for the sake of earning caps being any fun at all...

There are two really big problems with this. First, why would I wan't money... it is really easy to come buy and there isn't much great to buy with it... I just don't think it is a good rewad. And second, traveling across the wasteland is pretty damn boring.

I like the idea of doing something other than brutally murdering people all day long, but I just don't see running around the wasteland with a brahmin for the sake of earning caps being any fun at all...

First I'd like to say that opinions are welcome. Secondly, I would like to state that this is in fact a request, you don't necessarily have to like it. If you're looking for something to do other than murder all day, I would look into the RTS mod for Fallout 3. It's quite interesting, even if it is only partially developed. Here's a link:

http://fo3settler.webs.com/downloads.htm

Third, money can be used for all sorts of things, buying schematics, ammo, weapons for repairing, buying house upgrades, hell, even in the RTS mod it's used for building and upgrading. Those are just my opinions of stuff anyways, but thanks for the input.

First I'd like to say that opinions are welcome. Secondly, I would like to state that this is in fact a request, you don't necessarily have to like it. If you're looking for something to do other than murder all day, I would look into the RTS mod for Fallout 3. It's quite interesting, even if it is only partially developed. Here's a link:

http://fo3settler.webs.com/downloads.htm

Third, money can be used for all sorts of things, buying schematics, ammo, weapons for repairing, buying house upgrades, hell, even in the RTS mod it's used for building and upgrading. Those are just my opinions of stuff anyways, but thanks for the input.

I actually have a mod of my own in the works

It involves a lot of stuff outside of just killing whatever gets in your way. I have also been thinking about adding tradeing aspects to it, and that is why I felt like commenting that in my opinion, your approach probly would turn out unrewarding and kindof boring in a way...

I was more thinking of something like this

---

There are a bunch of shops in my town, a general store, bakery, blacksmith, carpenter, and medicine shop

Each of these shops allows you to invest your caps or select items (such as giving clothes to the genral store or metal to the blacksmith)

Each of these shops would have a handful of small mini quests to help them perform. Stuff like takeing there goods to places to trade, or finding rare items for them, or even being their body gaurd when they are tradeing with shady characters (hide in the corner of the room with your sniper rifle out waiting to take off some heads)

When you help out the store through donations and mini quests, the store will get repaired, and then expand, and you get more items you can buy, and even more rare stuff you can get

But you will in absolutly no way get any caps, just the satisfaction of upgadeing the stores, and makeing the shopkeeper like you, and the new rare items that they will give you

---

But that is just my idea, I don't want to hijack your topic, but if you want more info I can pm it to you

But honestly, I have bought everything I can possibly buy in the game, and I havn't even got to the Jefferson Memorial yet... and that is where you start getting the real money, from selling laser rifles and power armor and stff... I have two T-51b armors, every gun I could possibly ever wants, over 500 bullets for almost every type of gun, and over 5000 caps left over after upgradeing my house with everything...

Getting caps means nothing at all to me, unless I have something cool to spend it on, which I don't (untill I finish my mod)

I actually have a mod of my own in the works

It involves a lot of stuff outside of just killing whatever gets in your way. I have also been thinking about adding tradeing aspects to it, and that is why I felt like commenting that in my opinion, your approach probly would turn out unrewarding and kindof boring in a way...

I was more thinking of something like this

---

There are a bunch of shops in my town, a general store, bakery, blacksmith, carpenter, and medicine shop

Each of these shops allows you to invest your caps or select items (such as giving clothes to the genral store or metal to the blacksmith)

Each of these shops would have a handful of small mini quests to help them perform. Stuff like takeing there goods to places to trade, or finding rare items for them, or even being their body gaurd when they are tradeing with shady characters (hide in the corner of the room with your sniper rifle out waiting to take off some heads)

When you help out the store through donations and mini quests, the store will get repaired, and then expand, and you get more items you can buy, and even more rare stuff you can get

But you will in absolutly no way get any caps, just the satisfaction of upgadeing the stores, and makeing the shopkeeper like you, and the new rare items that they will give you

---

But that is just my idea, I don't want to hijack your topic, but if you want more info I can pm it to you

To be honest I actually like the idea you're working on, even if it is a thing of its own. Perhaps as a suggestion since you're already working on something similar, there could a be a "mob" of sorts, and it works like a faction from Oblivion, you do quests and stuff and rise through the ranks in a small "mob" like town. But your idea is actually pretty good. It would kind of bring back a "disposition" affect from Oblivion which im not even sure why they would leave it out in the first place if they are going to give you the barter/speech skills. Fallout seemed to be a little unbalanced when it comes to the questing to killing ratio. Most every quest required a fight to occur, which I would like to avoid because after a while there's no challenge at all. To put it precisely, I'm just looking for more in depth story than killing. It takes more than one person to come up with a good idea, people need to bounce more ideas off of each other, and that's why I enjoy peoples input, even if at times its criticizing. Do keep me updated on the development of your mod, what ever the direction you may take with it.

• 2 weeks later...
To be honest I actually like the idea you're working on, even if it is a thing of its own. Perhaps as a suggestion since you're already working on something similar, there could a be a "mob" of sorts, and it works like a faction from Oblivion, you do quests and stuff and rise through the ranks in a small "mob" like town. But your idea is actually pretty good. It would kind of bring back a "disposition" affect from Oblivion which im not even sure why they would leave it out in the first place if they are going to give you the barter/speech skills. Fallout seemed to be a little unbalanced when it comes to the questing to killing ratio. Most every quest required a fight to occur, which I would like to avoid because after a while there's no challenge at all. To put it precisely, I'm just looking for more in depth story than killing. It takes more than one person to come up with a good idea, people need to bounce more ideas off of each other, and that's why I enjoy peoples input, even if at times its criticizing. Do keep me updated on the development of your mod, what ever the direction you may take with it.

I finally after too long, got my new topic up and running

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=150722

Sweet thanks, I'll look into it as soon as I figure out how to/if I can merge files into the vanilla fallout or at least merge them into one huge mod so I can better organize my 23 mods I have... Anyways, I came up with another idea!

STAR WARS

The Enclave would be the Imperials, and the Lion's Pride would be the Rebels. I know its kind of a major change to the game, but technically for starters all you would need to do is model a basic Stormtrooper armor and basic Rebel clothing, maybe add in a little star wars weaponry here and there... keeping in mind that not all of them are Jedi's, and not all of them deserve a super-leet lightsaber... With a little time and effort perhaps it could be done. At least in my mind it could be. And if anyone needs me to come up with story lines and quests I would be more than glad to do so.