Project Regensis

akromius

Project ReGensis

Hi my name akromius, I have this idea in mind at the moment im giving it the name project genesis temporary unless otherwise. Anyway to the point on my “idea” is I have been playing fallout 3 for a month without the expansions. The idea sprang from how much some of the monsters in fallout 3 have remarkable similarities to resident evil spawns of evil (lol). That got me thinking what if there could be a resident evil adaption instead of nuclear war, we have a viral outbreak instead wouldn’t change much since both are remarkable similar in a fallout scenario, millions dead thousands in bunkers, survivors duking it out in the “wastes”. Below I will list my radical ideas for all you out there so might ponder on these also.

Before I get further, my experience with resident evil is as follows:

- played resident evil 2-5 fully completed all the little things

- partial played resident evil 1

- have played survivor, dead aim, veronica and partially outbreak

- have not played the “biohazard” the Japanese side series of resident evil

- have not played resident evil zero, survivor 2

- have seen the movies resident evil, apocalypse, extinction and regeneration

- I have not read any of the comics based on resident evil either

So u know what I know and I don’t know others may fill in where necessary

One last note, the project will be on an alternate timeline to series so expect things that were long to be alive mwahahahaha

So here my laundry list of ideas:

For starter’s obviously new map may be needed, since raccon city is the epicentre of the disaster (I know it may be overused but bare with me):

- Raccoon city a.k.a Ground Zero

- Arklay Mountains (RE1)

- Arklay mansion (RE1)

- Chemical plant (RE2)

- Umbrella lab (REM1)

- Post cold war bunkers now refuges for survivors (note: these will likely will redesign from the fallout 3 vaults)

- Cruise ship a.k.a Cruiser city (RE dead aim)

- Airport (RE Regeneration)

- Raccoon military base (maybe a redesign of the base from RE veronica)

- Various survivor strongholds/towns

- BSAA HQ

- S.T.A.R.S HQ (possibly Raccoon police department)

- Umbrella Bunker in Arklay Mountains (explanation for this later)

- CBD HQ (I don’t see why a Control Bureau of Diseases wouldn’t be involved)

- UMC (Umbrella Mercenary Core) Bases (explanation for this later)

- USF (Umbrella Security Forces) Bases (explanation for this later)

These are just few specific landmarks to be dotted amongst the wastes.

Now I will explain the factions mention in the locations listing and the reasons of wht they are included:

- BSAA – Organisation created after the Arklay incident

- S.T.A.R.S – highly trained special tactic and rescue squad

- USF – Umbrella Security Forces – the main force of the umbrella corporations also known as their Stalwart Defenders

- UMC – Umbrella Security Core – primary used for field operations, recruits anyone that can hold a gun and is totally 100% expendable

- CBD – Control Bureau of Diseases – after release of the viruses the government had to step in and TRY to save the day (as I said TRY)

- UNSF – United Nations Special Forces – they were reeled in to serve as protectors for CBD business in ground zero

The storyline I develop so in my mind, a rather confusing place is this:

The S.T.A.R.S team successfully investigate the rumors surrounding Arklay Mountains and discovered a secret umbrella research facility that was developing bioweapons, the G-virus. A virus the was capable of turning the dead into zombie like creatures, thankfully the squad survives and puts in a case in the supreme courts and congress. Umbrella addressed the incident as a rogue research facility and help organise an investigation into what they where developing and set up shop in a nearby bunker to conduct their “investigation”. Well the situation deteriorated and the virus reached the local city of Raccoon City and soon is overrun by mutations of the G-virus. Those who were lucky enough escape into the countryside and into the post cold war bunkers and one such child was dragged into the bunker and for ten years that child waited, for what who knows, vengeance, redemption or resolution whatever it is, it is not in this bunker.

Sorry it’s a bit rushed :sweat: but I think it gives some sense of what’s going on in this world.

So basically I am thinking of using a lot of the original characters for the games and movies. With that, I think rather unique quest can be made from that, for example: help Claire Redfield find her brother Chris or help S.T.A.R.S reclaim Raccoon Police Department.

Next I will be listing will characters and monsters and how they level upto to people/creatures within fallout 3, but for now I think this enough, also my idea on a new weapons system and skill set

so anyone willing to critque or suggest ideas, i will be willingly to accept them

Thanks for listening children, this akromius signing off lol :cool:

Unless you have considerable expereince modding, I would seriously sugest not starting off makeing 16 new areas...

Even if you came in saying that you have been useing the GECK since it was first released and you have been modding games for the past 15 years, I would still think it would be entirely crazy to try to pull off something so big. But then again, anyone with that kind of expereince would know how much work it is...

I'm not saying don't make your mod, just plan a smaller... a whole lot smaller

But honestly, if I wanted to play Resident Evil I would actually put in the disc that says Resident Evil... I honestly don't see why someone would put the time into an entire mod that isn't even their own creation, just the copy of what someone else did..

I would sugest going off the Resident Evil theme, but comeing up with your own stuff

But that is just my personal opinion, don't let me stop you from doing what you want to do

Yeah, good "other game" mods can be achieved by simply creating an homage to the game through a Quest or unique Cell location. Try doing some sort of Umbrella Corporation Vault, Umbrellas attempt to create an underground bunker of their own. You can cut down on sheer scale by just bombing out parts you don't feel like building.

im not making fallout into resident evil its more like fallout in a resident evil landscape, majority of the work will be retexs and small model modification. all the characters i do port from resident evil will be redesigned from the originals. i have a small modding experiences with morrowind and even smaller for oblivion but i never had the inspiration to do anything for them other than make my own race for them. anyway i will go away and come back when i have more to offer this community