Placing corpses in the Wastelands

steelplate

Hey gang,

Still plugging away with my Brothers mod, I've come across a little snag that isn't a big deal, but is bugging the hell out of me.

I placed an NPC out in some cell near the Wastes, set him to be killed by one of the brothers and figured that'd be fine. Turns out it is, if I load into the cell for the first time. If I leave and come back though, he'll be standing there, missing an arm, zombie style.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

I placed an NPC out in some cell near the Wastes, set him to be killed by one of the brothers and figured that'd be fine. Turns out it is, if I load into the cell for the first time. If I leave and come back though, he'll be standing there, missing an arm, zombie style.

If you place him as a dead character, you can use Havoc in the GECK to make him lie flat. Then he won't stand up again.

If he starts out alive and then dies, it is a different story I suppose. In many cases I have scripted NPCs that I plan to kill to be disabled once they are out of sight or no longer needed for the storyline.

Yeah I think I'm using a Kill command because I want there to be an actual bloody mess where he is should you come across him.

Suppose I can run that command and then start the OnDead part afterwards?

Yes you can do that. I created several NPCs with zero health, placed them with Havoc and then included lines in scripts for them to killactor 1 1 so that they would be dismembered. It works on NPCs with zero health just as well as fully animated ones. Mix in a little vault blood pooled and splattered around the body on the ground and it looks like proper mayhem.