Adding Midas' spells to a Ramy's Enfant based companion?

SpacemanSpIiff

As the topic title says, Im wondering how i can add Midas' magic to Ramy's enfant companion mod. I've tooled around with the CS before but never really attempted anything on this scale, so I wouldnt even know where to begin.

Would any of you out there know?

thanks in advance for any useful replies.

*quick edit* I know there are CM midas magic companions, but I chose not to use them due to the fact that they are not compatible with deadly reflex.

I was actually going to post this very same question.

The idea is that Sakura and I each want to make each others' original characters as companions (as in, his character as a companion in my game and mine as a companion in his).

SO FAR ... we know how to change Ramy's race and name to be our characters. Simple enough. Now, we want to utilize Midas' Magic and add some spells in of our choice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Off the top of my head... use TES4Gecko to merge your companion esp to Midas. Midas should be the dominant esp. In the CS, locate the Midas spells and drag them into the companion's spell list.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this will work as advertised. Make sure you have a backup of both your companion and midas' esps. It goes without saying that you shouldn't distribute the hybrid mod without the appropriate permissions from the original modders.

The basic ideas are:

Some spells don't work when NPCs use them

if you want to add them to lot's of NPCs you have to edit the spell level list

Look at midas companions and see how they did it?

Oh, I see. Forgive me for not understanding. I can take a peek at the Midas' Companions mod sometime, perhaps. I haven't yet because I don't feel like downloading all the requirements simply to check. Though I suppose it would be worth it to take a peek.

Now, ideally, without looking - based on the theory of adding to the leveled list for spells - if I did this with the spells I want my companions to use, then would they logically also be capable of using the spells I add to the list?

Another theory I was wondering about was if I could simply make Midas' Magic into a Master file to add the spells to my companion's spell list. Would this work in any way, or would spells still need to be in the leveled list?

I aim to try to accomplish my goal with the least amount of complication possible, if it can be done.

Thank you for the help so far to everyone who has responded.

Okay, I tried it out and it sort of works. The esp is here. You have to have Midas and CM Partners installed. You must deactivate midas.esp. You'll find Beth W Midas in the center of the market district.

Beth will use some of the Midas spells but something is nerfing her aim. I don't know if the problem is in Midas or CM.

Let me know when you've got the esp. I going to remove it as soon as you do.

I'll do a follow up post in a bit.

Another theory I was wondering about was if I could simply make Midas' Magic into a Master file to add the spells to my companion's spell list. Would this work in any way, or would spells still need to be in the leveled list?

You have the right idea, however, you must strip out any changes to worldspaces and cells. A master file will override oblivion.esm and would result in undesired/unexpected results. The only thing the midas.esm should have are the scripted spells.

The midas master may affect midas.esp as well so if you want to have the Midas quests and locations, you'll have to rebuild the esp.

The technique I used is a quick and dirty fix. You can use it for all your personal companions by merging them into the esp.

Because of the aiming bug, I found that the best spells to use are area effects.

You have the right idea, however, you must strip out any changes to worldspaces and cells. A master file will override oblivion.esm and would result in undesired/unexpected results. The only thing the midas.esm should have are the scripted spells.

The midas master may affect midas.esp as well so if you want to have the Midas quests and locations, you'll have to rebuild the esp.

The technique I used is a quick and dirty fix. You can use it for all your personal companions by merging them into the esp.

Because of the aiming bug, I found that the best spells to use are area effects.

Thanks a ton! I grabbed the .esp ... I won't be messing with it right away, I just signed on to do a last check on this thread before heading to sleep. I'll have all day to mess around with it when I wake up.

By merging, what do you mean? If this involves Wrye Bash, I might need a bit of an explanation on merging plugins, because I'm very inexperienced with Wrye Bash. =x ... The most I've used it for is making master files of race plugins for custom companions.

Again thank you very much for the merged .esp. I'll be seeing what I can do with it when I wake up. =)