Adding Midas' spells to a Ramy's Enfant based companion?

SpacemanSpIiff

Thanks a ton!

You're welcome a ton!

By merging, what do you mean? If this involves Wrye Bash, I might need a bit of an explanation on merging plugins, because I'm very inexperienced with Wrye Bash. =x ... The most I've used it for is making master files of race plugins for custom companions.

I mentioned previously that you can use TES4Gecko to merge plug-ins. You can also merge plug-ins to masters and convert between them. Gecko has a lot of functionality. It's a really useful tool.

I've been experimenting with the modded companion. You're going to have to determine which spells are most effective for your companion. I had given Beth the tornado spell. The companions, when left alone, will sometimes practice their magic. You can image what happened in the marketplace.

I also recommend getting TES4Edit. Another incredibly useful, if not intimidating tool. You can use it to clean mods or to strip certain changes out.

BTW if you have a lot of companions, you can use Gecko to merge them into one plug-in. That way, you won't have to worry as much about reaching the 255 plug-in limit. Also, it saves time if you have to reinstall Oblivion. Always remember to backup your individual files before messing with them.

thank you for the replies mimada.

You're welcome.

But with your merged plugin, does that mean we HAVE to use CM partners?

No, I just used CM Partners because it was convenient for creating a proof of concept. I understand you want to use the Ramy companion. You can merge that mod with Midas without having CM Partners installed. I haven't done this so I have no idea if it will work.

I don't know how proficient or comfortable you folks are with modding but the best thing to do is to experiment and get comfortable with the tools. Mind you, you can mess up your Oblivion installation but it shouldn't be too much of an issue with judicious backups. I use OMM to backup my list of installed mods. You may also want to backup your data directory if you have the hard drive space for it. You should also backup any file you mod and make backups with every major change. You don't want to lose hours of work because of a bad edit.

As I previously posted, for your project you ultimately want to separate out the Midas spells into its own master file. Alternately, if you can isolate the spell scripts, you can merge them with your companion plug-in. This is so you won't have conflicts with the original Midas quests and locations.

Good Luck!

As a bit of an update to this topic - I regret to say I've been unlucky. In the process of messing around I messed up my game and had to do a reinstall.

I keep all my mods and whatnot all backed up on an external drive, so reinstalling was no issue, but I don't think I'm going to keep pursuing this attempt at merging Ramy and Midas' Magic. At least, not at the moment, since I really just want to sit down and play the game again. For the past few days I've done a lot of messing with mods and little playing.

Anyway, mimada, thank you again for your help, you did give me and Sakura both a lot of good tips for when I attempt this again.

I just wanted to post again and let you know how it went with trying your idea. I don't think I'm skilled enough in editing mods to do much, though. =/