World Space

joey2176

I duplicated a world space and when I look at the pipboy map, it shows my location

in the area of the original. My question is, where or how do I edit this to show my

location somewhere else in the wasteland when viewing the pipboy map.

Idk

Don't duplicate world spaces..

That's just a guess.

We don't typically duplicate a cell or worldspace, we duplicate it in order to skip the part where you have to set the lighting settings.

So pretty much we duplicate the cell or worldspace, and then delete everything including the navmesh

then name the Cell then build what we want, but you can copy paste stuff in.

Besides, all the quests an scripts an whatnot are in that world space you created so now there are two

which sounds like a really bad idea to me, so to fix it you would have to fix the map issue an then find an delete

all the references that might come back to bite you in the butt later on.

You know they say that if you tweek the fallout 3 notepad .ini options file

you can remove the borders, past the borders is desert which is prime real estate.

You should also look into the GTS mod, as it's the future of distributable worldspaces

and there are instructions on how to add your mod into GTS (global travel system)

You can find how to disable the borders at

http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html

you should read an do the whole thing, but make decisions on what you want or don't want to mess with.

You should also look into FOMM FOSE FO3edit, and FO3edit's master update ability.

I duplicated a world space and when I look at the pipboy map, it shows my location

in the area of the original. My question is, where or how do I edit this to show my

location somewhere else in the wasteland when viewing the pipboy map.

Open your worldspace properties:

Parent Worldspace - If a Worldspace has a Parent, it is possible to use some Data of its Parent and share Mapmarkers with the Parent.

Choose "somewhere else wordspace" here.

Use Map Data - check this

and use World Map Offset Data to adjust center of your worldspace (cell 0,0) on Parent Worldspece map.