FOSE - Pistol/Rifle Melee attacks

dra6o0n

The way I see it, deadly blow mod for oblivion lets you do a quick strike with your shield or hands or bow when in battle, and it can knock the foe backwards or stun them.

Why not implement this into Fallout 3? Of course, reanimation is needed and might need a few different version since I used a weapon reanimation mod to change the way you hold the weapon.

Pistol/1handed - Hitting a foe with the bottom of your gun.

Rifle/2handed - Swinging the butt of the gun at your enemy.

Big Guns doesn't work with this (you every swung a missile launcher or a fat man at someone?).

Damage is weak and stun is moderate enough to give you time to fall back and fire some shot.

A successful strike will lower durability but very little. On the other hand, why not allow this strike to knockdown a enemy with a % chance? The % is based on your unarmed skill. [knockdown = 1 + {unarmed * 0.25}]

If this gets popular enough, maybe implement them to melee weapons?

100 unarmed skill gives a 26% chance to knock down a enemy using a strike.

50 Unarmed = 13.5%

This request is mainly because melee enemies would most likely gang up on you, and using this can counter them a bit without the need for firing while backpedaling. Note that attempting to go close up to a gunner could also end up with you being pistol/rifle whipped.

I don't think you could change the animations without affecting all weapons that use the animations. You could use existing animations, however. The animation for the pool cue would sorta work for rifle butt/ bayonet attacks, and the unarmed attack animation could be used for pistols. There is a great bayonet resource here on the Nexus, I've used it. The textures and mesh are very good. You could use that as well.

The thing is... i'm not into using the geck because everytime i do, i stress from long term use of it (headaches) and i dunno why it occurs.

My brain could've gotten rusty so when I attempt to think of complex things i start to stress...