Lich King armor question

rampag3

Alright, so I'm in the cave Frostmourne works great for me no problems. The armor doesn't work so good though. When I killed "Arthas" his whole body was gone and just his head (no helm could be seen), weapon and shield I could see. I killed him and took the armor and it happened to me. I zoomed out and big yellow triangle is there covering my character and in the middle there is a big exclamation mark. / \ Like that. I'm on 1.2.0416.

/ ! \

/___\

To make sure you put everything in the right folder, follow these steps:

1.Open the mod's archive

2.Press Extract To, then click ok

3.Open your Oblivion Data folder

4.Open the unzipped mod folder

5.Move the Mod's Textures and Meshes folders to your Oblivion Data folder

6.Click yes to all the pop up messages

7.Move the Mod's .esp file to your Oblivion Data folder

8.Again, click yes to all the pop up messages

9.Check the mod in your Oblivion Launcher

10.Play Oblivion, and see if the problem is resolved

If that still doesn't work, download the file again, and repeat the 10 step process again. It should work, if not Idk. I hope this works. :thumbsup:

• 11 years later...

I am late by 7years to this thread, but your 10 step will not work. i renamed textures, meshes etc to textures3 meshes3 etc because i have other mods installed and windows is a pain. How screwed am I? I have reinstalled this mod numerous times, same mf issue.

What made you "rename" any of the mandatory folders, so now the game doesn't even know the files you installed exist?

The 101 of manual install is to "merge" those folders, so what's inside "meshes" goes into "meshes", what's inside "textures" goes into "textures" etc. Don't touch or rename files or folders unless specifically instructed to.

There's now records inside your game pointing to resources in paths like "Data/textures/<item-type>/<mod-name>/<item-name>.dds" and in your install they're not where they're searched for.

What made you "rename" any of the mandatory folders, so now the game doesn't even know the files you installed exist?

The 101 of manual install is to "merge" those folders, so what's inside "meshes" goes into "meshes", what's inside "textures" goes into "textures" etc. Don't touch or rename files or folders unless specifically instructed to.

There's now records inside your game pointing to resources in paths like "Data/textures/<item-type>/<mod-name>/<item-name>.dds" and in your install they're not where they're searched for.

I wasn't aware you had to do that. It worked for my other mods for some reason. Thanks for helping!