Xbox mods using Xport 360.

xPH03NIX

Hey everybody. I play fallout on the xbox (don't ask) and while surfing on youtube I found and interesting vid. It supposedly showed that u CAN mod FO3 using an Xport 360. The Xport 360's primary use is for transfering data from console mem. card or hard drive to a Pc, (backups, game saves, etc...). So yea I was wondering If this is relly true. Can anyone give me their opinon(s). here's the vid link.

:thanks: :thumbsup:

Hey everybody. I play fallout on the xbox (don't ask) and while surfing on youtube I found and interesting vid. It supposedly showed that u CAN mod FO3 using an Xport 360. The Xport 360's primary use is for transfering data from console mem. card or hard drive to a Pc, (backups, game saves, etc...). So yea I was wondering If this is relly true. Can anyone give me their opinon(s). here's the vid link.

:thanks: :thumbsup:

this prolly wont work with mods that use custom models which is like 70-80% of the mods here.

Well getting custom models and textures to work is likely impossible unless the Xbox version of Fallout 3 uses the exact same folder structure and way of handling the files, and even then it'd be probably be really difficult considering tools like ArchiveInvalidated simply don't work on the Xbox (resulting in textures not showing up and what have you).

GECK made mods (ie. that don't use custom content, just reuses vanilla and expansion content) might work if you in any way are able to designate which .esp data files the game uses on the Xbox, if that version even uses .esp files and not a different, ungodly format packed inside some proprietary archive.

Dude, believe me it's not even worth it. Basically all it does is let you cheat.

If you do it, you risk your gamertag and console. Think about that. It's like holding $350 over a trash can all so you can do something that will make you bored of the game. Also, using these mods you could risk damaging your save data, and your xbox if you mess up something. Just don't do it man.

I almost feel bad for the guy who made that video. That seems like a lot of work just so you can get a magnum and some bullets. Why not just play through the game and get it that way. You might actually enjoy yourself while you’re at it. The best kinds of mods are the ones that add new content to the game. Not the ones that let you cheat and take all the fun out of playing. The ones that add new and interesting quests are my favorites, the only mods of that sort that you will get on the 360 are the ones made by Bethsoft.