The Junk Yard

Roborabbit

Hello, Im currently making a mod called The Junk Yard, I have one error and one problem.

ERROR: I have taken the model from the citadel crane door and made it into a door in the GECK. In the preview, the model works perfectly but in game, the door will not open.

PROBLEM: I do not know how to create custom dialogue, I had a go but it didn't work. If anyone knows how can they please tell me.

Thanks

As the name suggests the place is made out of junk; cars, scrap metal etc. but is very well equipped and modified to have all the essentials that a junk yard should have, I have plans to add NPC's to the place, I have added one but there won't be anymore if I can't learn how to add custom speech to them.

you might be useing a static door or a door thats useing a script which requires you to use switch to open.

as for the citadel door then you need to add a parent & make it a persistant refrence. make the switch a persistant refrance & also a linked refrance.

when you press the switch the door should open.

You can use a script on the door to make it work.

scn ActivatorDoorOverrideScript

short open
ref self

begin onload
set self to getself
end

begin onactivate

if open == 0
self.playgroup forward 0
set open to 1
elseif open == 1
self.playgroup backward 0
set open to 0
endif

end

this script assumes that the animation names are forward for open and backward for close (you can check in the preview window)

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Thanks SpeedyB64,

Your script work really well, I'm trying to learn how to script, but there isn't many tutorials on the web anyways, thanks.

To Jackpack thanks for the suggestion, I did try that and it still didn't work, by the way, really like your mod

"weapon upgrade kit and tutorial"

Although it was kinda hard to install still having trouble as when downloaded the main files are not in folder ie. Meshes and Textures, and as I am not good with meshes etc mostly scripting I am having some trouble, if you ever see this message could you post back I really want to try your mod and I love the work your doing on you forum. keep it up.

Mozilla Firefox all the way :iluvff:

:bomb_ie: HE HE HE

Thanks Quetzlsacatanang...

for the tip off to the tutorial, much appreciated, my Wilson will now be able to speak... yay! :happy:

To Jackpack, I didn't realise thats what it was... I only wish I knew how to use nifskope I have it installed, but I'm reasonably hopeless when it comes to making something, oh well I'll just have to learn that now as well. :)