Broken Steel is not working for some reason...

keylek3

broken steel, for some reason appears to not be working properly on my computer, what is happening is that if i send me, or someone else into the room with the radiation, for some reason the person falls to the ground [like is meant to happen] and then for some reason it plays the end credits [even though i am sure it is not meant to] after the credits i am just on the floor unable to move, and when i click the activate button, my character keeps on making coughing noses, eventually then there is a explosion, but still nothing happens, i am still there on the ground doing nothing. the mod is most certainly working because it says when i have activated that the level cap has been removed due to broken steel, so the mod is most certainly active, but it is just not working for some reason, does anyone has any idea which is causing this, all the other downloaded contents which i have got like anchorage and point lookout and also the pit works fine, but i have no idea why broken steel is not.

please, if anyone may know what the problem is, please help me, i really want to continue with the game and get on with broken steel, and just to say, my mods are in the correct order, the fallout esm is at the top, then the other esm's like broken steel, then all of the other esp's. so it is nothing to do with the load order, please can someone help me then, or please tell me of another way of doing this to see if it works that way, because so far me or Lyons is not working.

please help me, i really want to get this working....

this is probably a question best asked in the forum for technical help.

but you can get a head start by giving us a list of all the mods you currently have running, and telling us what version of the game you are running. (ie. if you have a patch, what patch # do you use)

And i am assuming its legit DLC you bought not some cracked thing

this is probably a question best asked in the forum for technical help.

but you can get a head start by giving us a list of all the mods you currently have running, and telling us what version of the game you are running. (ie. if you have a patch, what patch # do you use)

And i am assuming its legit DLC you bought not some cracked thing

i am using a proper version of it, i spent 15 pounds on it on Sunday, and the patch which i got with the disk is the patch is the patch which i am using, so it most certainly should work, but i have reinstalled the patch and broken steel. but the same thing keeps on happening. point lookout which i also got with the disk, works properly, so i have no idea why it keeps on doing this. so i am planning of starting a new game, and very quickly get through the main quest line, [it should only take me around 2-3 hours] also then i think i will move this topic then tomorrow. or just make a new one there.

You did not say whether you are running any fan based mods, and they might be the problem. I found that to be the case with my own mod, which I had to correct in order to get Broken Steel to work.

While making my mod I looked at several of the quests in the Vanilla game for pointers. It seems that the GECK will make duplicates of any vanilla items that you interact with as you make your mod, and store the duplicates in your plug-in. I don't understand the reason that the GECK was designed to do this, but I found it to be the case.

Broken Steel modifies the ending quest in vanilla FO3 in order to start. When my mod was loaded after Broken Steel, the duplicate of that ending quest in my mod would overwrite the modified quest and change it back to the original. I had to use FO3Edit to indentify those duplicates and Fallout Mod Manager's Plugin editor to remove them. After doing that, the conflict was resolved and Broken Steel could start as intended.

If you are running a fan based mod that is loaded after Broken Steel and has quest duplicates that have not been cleaned then that might cause Broken Steel to fail to initiate.

it does not matter any more, i have managed to get it back working by starting a new save file, this means i have to now do all of the things i have done, but i do not mind, it must of been something to do with my character because it was only effecting that character, so it is now fixed. and also i do know how to move a topic, i have been here for over a year... :-D