NPCs won't talk in my mod

gtrex84

I'm creating a Skyrim companion mod, which includes a quest before you are able to recruit her.

My problem is that she stops talking to me after several test runs.

I don't alter anything between the test runs in the dialog, so I know that she should be able to talk to me. However, when try talking, no conversation starts.

I have tried typing in the console commands, "player.tai" and "pcb" as I found instances of people experiencing vaguely similar problems and using those solutions. Each of these worked once for me before it reverted to me not being able to interact with her.

Does anyone know what the problem could be or how I could fix it?

I feel the problem might be that I've visited the same places too often. While testing the mod I visited the same three modules 20+ times in a few hours. Does that sound like something that might be relevant?

When testing a follower mod, you should always save one cell away and use that save for each subsequent tests.

My other suggestion is to check your relationship. After finishing the quest, perhaps you need to raise your relationship +1.

When testing a follower mod, you should always save one cell away and use that save for each subsequent tests.

My other suggestion is to check your relationship. After finishing the quest, perhaps you need to raise your relationship +1.

My NPC is in the Blue Palace. The save game is in Riverwood, so I fast travel to Solitude to check. Should that be fine?

I should also point out that my quest doesn't even start.

The solution was in the 'pinned' section of this forum page. Right at the top.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/810472-workaround-skyrim-dialogue-bug-fix/

I tried this, but I'm afraid it didn't solve my problem.

Edited by G_Trex