Fully adding weapons to the game

trippyhood

Short version (if your really that lazy...)

how do I make normal enemies use the weapons I created?

Long version (id rather you read this...)

The BB Gun SUCKS so I turned it into a lever-action shotgun. A good trade, no? It works as if it was in the original game except for one thing. I'm the only one using it... I want to make raiders and wastelanders use this weapon. I think I know how (manipulating leveled items list or creating new ones for raider/wastelander drop rates), but that way would take me a long time. Is there a more practical way to make enemies use geck-added guns?

every npc & mutant ect are factions.

so you go into the factions section & equipt it in there invontory & all will use it as when you see a raider hear & there! its the one faction that spawns them.

also theres wepon groups someware that are named "mutentweps" or "raider weps". every npc faction has this in there invontory as a default & when a raider spawns it is asigned a wepon from said group.

iv not got round to it yet but if you stick it in one of the groups it will also make said faction have the wepon.

yea what jack is referring to is like a Prefab kit. Assembled in a different list, all the content designers need to do is plug in the right pre-made kit into the new npc or enemy they are making.

Alls you need to do is find those prefab kits and add yours to it.

i think its in the section called Form Lists, in the Miscellaneous section.

Leveled Lists in the item section actually. You first need to create a Cond(Weapname)[NPC] replace (Weapname) with your weapons name and replace [NPC] with the NPC group you would like to have the weapon. Then you need to create a WithAmmo(Weapname)[NPC] for the weapon and NPC groups you want. Finally you need to find the [NPC]SmallGuns or [NPC]BigGuns etc. and add your WithAmmo(Weapname)[NPC] to that list. You can view the others in there as a comparison.