Wasteland Avengers

derfthebarbarian209

Currently working on a mod inspired by my love for comics and the canterburry commons superheroes already present in game.

I want to implement a group ROUGHLY based on the Avengers, but more of a wasteland analogue so to speak

I will basically make a "wasteland/fallout 3 lore Friendly" group of people who all work together to rid the wasteland of filth and evil

Ive already concocted backstories for some of my characters.

The Wasteland Patriot ("Wasteland" Captain America)

Steve Rogers, an ex Enclave soldier, was disheartened by the ways of the Enclave in recent years and attempted to to go AWOL but was captured and used for a renewed FEV program which resulted in the first successful result of the initial program, yielding a man who was at the peak of his prime, with no signs of slowing down, a strengthened immune system and a sharper wit, paired with his battle hardened skills from fighting the super mutants of the capital wasteland. Shortly after the experiment, he escaped, taking with him the armor meant to make him a future symbol of propaganda, and instead converting to his own symbol of justice and freedom for the future american way.

Iron Commando (Iron Man)

When the brother hood of steel first arrived in the capital wasteland, a rift grew in the ranks which would ultimately come to separate the brotherhood into 2 major factions- the brotherhood of steel who remainded with elder lyons and the outcasts, who wore the new name with pride. Caught in this rift is also tony stark, divided in his devotion to technology and his duty to protecting the helpless citizens of the wasteland. Choosing to follow his own path, he uses his technical skill to modify his power armor to make it stronger and more mobile and gives it a custom red and yellow spray paint finish to separate himself from both the brotherhood and the outcasts.

Mutant Hulk (Hulk)

A reclusive scientist with a genius intellect, Bruce Banner stows away in a secret lab with samples of FEV ridden super mutant blood taken from corpses. Hoping to replicate and refine their power to quell his own feelings of inadequacy, his experiment has unexpected results when he uses himself as a guinea pig. Now when enraged, overly excited, or traumatically frightened, Banner becomes a hulking super mutant that towers over his standard super mutant brethren, having strength that rivals that of a behemoth, yet costing him the genius that made him, and much of his humanity, but he alters back to his human state upon relaxing, which is no easy task when in his hulk state. Over the years, banner has learned to force a degree of his will over the inner beast within him and control his hulk state to a much greater degree, but he is still very prone to violence in a severe emotional state.

Mansect (antman)

Hank Pym is an ex colleague of Dr. Lesko, the man responsible for the fire ants in grayditch. Both men agreed that the giant insect population running rampant in the wasteland needed to be reduced to their original size (namely the ants for starters). From the beginning both men would bicker over methods and theory resulting in their eventual parting of ways. Fueled by his need to beat Lesko in finding a way to accomplish this, Pym stumbled on something even bigger, the mutation that controlled the growth of the ants on the genetic level. Forgetting the ants altogether, Pym set upon perfecting a new formula that would allow him to shrink and grow at will. Upon ingestion, he found that he could shrink to the roughly the size of a modern day mouse and grow back to his human size, but a strange side effect also occurred. Something in the formula also gave Pym the ability to control ants through pheromones. Wanting to be known around the wasteland, but recognizing the he needed a human identity to hide behind to escape unwanted judgment which his pride could not handle on a daily basis, so he created the Mansect persona, and went about fighting crime around the wasteland to satisfy his lust for importance.

Robo-Thor (Thor)

Having ties to the post war government, also known as the Enclave, the Institute, located in the massachusettes commonwealth, has had another runaway, except they desperately wish to keep this one under wraps. Sporting state of the art institute technology encased in a shell of enclave tesla armor, Robo-Thor thor was first in a line of advanced combat androids intended for frontline assault in the enclaves hold on the wasteland. Considering his advanced secretive technology and his status as the first functional protoype, the institute doesn't breathe a word of his escape to anyone lest he should be salvaged, reverse engineered, or used for purposes not originally intended. Robo-Thor doesn't intend to make his capture easy as his AI has become self aware and wishes to be its own person. Supplementing his want to never be captured is a strong modified tesla armor shell, tactically advanced programming guided by sentient intelligence, and a super sledge that sends jolting bolts of lightning when swung. He has joined the cause of the wasteland avengers in exchange for a safe haven and protection from his would be captors.

Quests would be given to you by the avengers to aid their altruistic cause, in exchange you get good karma, access to their facilities, and access to their various special arms and wears to assist you in your super hero adventure.

Recruit able heroes

New Special weapons armor and items available to the PC

New Super Hero Perks, possibly earned after completing all quests.

New locations

lore friendly

In need of good scripters, texturers/modelers, mappers, possibly voice actors (though i hope to recruit locally to make it easier), creative people, critics (no haters though, if you flat out hate it, dont waste mine or your time :biggrin: )

I have basic photoshop knowledge and minor skill, i can use the geck decently, im very open to anything people have to say, also adept at creative writing, comic book lore, and fallout lore.

from there it would be a matter of making it work like his shield too. if someone wants to go that extra mile great, but i wont ask that much, would require custom throw animation and a way to make it come back to you etc

dont let me stop you though ;)

so you like the idea i take it?

I was actually thinking it would just work like the brass knuckles or whatever, just as a unarmed weapon. Anything else would be way to far overboard to try to figure out

but im not going to be putting it in game, I will just provide the 3D mesh file and texuture