Help me track down this purple cave texture?

ArtMurder

I tried installing AMB caves right quick, it did nothing, so I am at a loss... I used 2k lite for my main texture mod, and can't think of any other cave related texture mods I installed... so just point me to a mod that can replace this texture for me or to what texture I can check in my folder to do something about it. XD Please.

So far, this is the only place I have found it, it seams to be elusively a cave texture,or perhaps something just exclusive to Snapleg Cave, the location this screenshot was taken at if you couldn't guess.

http://i.imgur.com/l22LhVZ.jpg

Just checked this area in CK and at least there i see no root like on your screenshot.

http://666kb.com/i/cmkdzlrf7hwbm3c10.jpg

... so i guess you installed a mod that adds this mesh. If this is the case it might be hard for other users to track down the texture without knowing that mod.

Edited by ghosu

Just checked this area in CK and at least there i see no root like on your screenshot.

... so i guess you installed a mod that adds this mesh. If this is the case it might be hard for other users to track down the texture without knowing that mod.

That's odd, I don't really see anything in my screenshot that's not in yours, nor do I see any kind of root... it's just the lip/edge of the overhang that looks very large and mishaped because of the missing texture. I also can't think of anything I've installed that would add or edit meshes like that, though I do install a LOT of texture mods.

ELFX and SMIM are the only two mods I can think of that mess with meshes.

The purple shape/texture is along the terrain? Looked like some kind of 3 dimensional root that starts at the health bar, gets thinner to the end and wraps around the stone pillar :D

Edited by ghosu

The purple shape/texture is along the terrain? Looked like some kind of 3 dimensional root that starts at the health bar, gets thinner to the end and wraps around the stone pillar :D

I examine dit closer after I took the screenshot, it's actually a ledge XD you can even see the tiny bit of the ledge behind the tree in your image, it's just freaky and giant looking because of the missing texture. But yeah, it's part of the terrain, it just looks 3D because it's glitching out I guess.

I'll get a shot of it a better angle here in a bit. ^_^

Thanks, that helped me track it down! Oddly, the glitch was in the mesh, not the texture. :blink: All my textures are perfectly fine, and I deleted "cavegcliffs03ns.nif" from my data folder and it fixed the issue, even if the vanilla mesh for it is pretty ugly it worked so I am happy!

I don't even remember installing anything that edits caves that has meshes like that! It's very odd.

• 1 month later...