I'm sure I'm missing something

kfritz

Once upon a time I remember seeing a bit of a "tutorial" in a mod about how to give custom texture/mesh to certain NPC's and then a different one for the player. Anyone know where this info is or could maybe post it in a reply?

Thanks to all in advance

OK that's fine and dandy, I was looking for a bit more info. The post I remember seeing had folder paths and a brief explanation about what file goes where.

If I make a custom race don't I have to go in and assign NPCs to that race? The "tutorial" as I remember just had you create folders with specific names in the /textures area and drop the correct files in.

I'm still pretty new at GECK and everything, but I am slowly fumbling my way through stuff. :D The extra bits of direction help a lot

npcs appearance is driven by their race. in the geck objects list if you expand npcs and races and such you will see that with each race category there is a list of npcs that use that race.

To make the npc look like another race just create a new npc and make it just like the old one, except in a diff race list.

To make your own appearance/race , create a new race.