Skyrim only reading the _1 armor mesh

ClayPidgeon162

I created a new armor, which is just a collection of pieces from other armors, but when I equip it in game, it doesn't use the proper weight and only displays the 100 weight version of the armor, as if it's completely ignoring the _0 nif file. Which is annoying since the head, hands, and feet meshes don't align properly with the armor.

Does anyone have any ideas of what would be causing this and how I could fix it?

It didn't have anything to do with the files themselves. I was tested it with some nif files that worked in game and it did the same thing.

But I accidently fixed it, though I still don't what caused the issue in the first place. I opened my plugin file in the creation kit and removed the excess equipment slots from the Armor Addon files, just using the 32 slot, and it worked fine after that.

I'd still like know what exactly caused the issue in the first place because this isn't the first time I've had this problem. Or the first time it just magically fixed itself.

Hmmm, you mean the Armor Addon was set to use the Body (32) slot, as well as something else, like the Calves, Forearms, etc slots? Are any of the parts in the nif file set to use something other than slot 32? Generally it's been my experience that if the dismemberment parts in the nif file dont match the slots in the CK exactly, then the armor wont even appear in game. But then, stranger things have happened.

Yeah. The custom armor was a replacer for the leather armor, so I just used the vanilla AA for the leather armor as a base, which had the forearm and calves slots selected in addition to the torso slot. I unchecked them since my mesh file only used the 32 slot, and ... I guess that fixed the problem. Probably not, but it started working properly after that so, I don't know.