My recent art

kungfubellydancer

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh, wow, I REALLY like your stuff. Do you have a Deviant art account link at all? You should send me your link if you do, I go there sometimes and I will add you to my watch list. This is really beautiful work

Yes, its right here. Thank you! You're too kind....

Kewl! I just added you there to my watch list. I look forward to your future work. If you are new at photomanipulation you are certainly, definitely talented. You have wonderful creative vision and you create some stunning visual effects with the lighting and the composition and... everything! :thumbsup:

Kewl! I just added you there to my watch list. I look forward to your future work. If you are new at photomanipulation you are certainly, definitely talented. You have wonderful creative vision and you create some stunning visual effects with the lighting and the composition and... everything! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much! I saw your watch message, didn't know you were from the nexus though. I've put the photo-manips on hold right now, a colored pencil piece is coming up here soon. It might take me a few days to complete though. I'll be sure to post it here when I finish.

I made a new one of Jeanette here. This is how she looked before she went on her accidental adventure, when she was a student at a college of magic. She is a talented mage and is particularly fond of Fire, (she practices Elementalism, Mysticism, and Illusion, and sometimes, Mesmerization, despite it being illegal).

Personally I don't like the way this turned out. At one point I restarted the entire image all the way back before cutting out the photos, but it still turned out strange. I don't like it much, and I might end up making another.

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2009/253/1/b/Character_Photos__Jeanette_2_by_kungfubellydancer.jpg

Okay, here's Mara'Mar complete, after about 15+ hours over the span of 3 days. To make this picture I took inspiration from some of my other recent pictures. But this time I used no reference for anything, and as you can see, the flowers (those are supposed to be morning glories and the one in her hair is made-up) don't look particularly fantastic. That is NOT a peacock, just a made-up Elsweyr bird.

I was forced to crop out part of the left side because the scanner couldn't reach one particular area. This entire image is composed of 5 or 6 individual scans, because the paper is so large. You can see some of the edges where the portions don't quite line up. *Sigh* if only certain people would lend me their cameras could I get a better image.

Note: There is no editing done to this picture, save for a few places where I erased some overlapping layers.

Also, note that "Mara'Mar" is Gwen's made up Khajiiti name meaning "Mara's Martyr". Gwen is a nun and favors Mara. Gwen is on the first page of this thread.

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/257/d/3/Mara__Mar_by_kungfubellydancer.jpg

Here's a new one featuring Vaedryn and Prince Nuada!

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/260/e/7/Vaedryn_and_Prince_Nuada_by_kungfubellydancer.jpg

From left to right, Vaedryn, Jeanette, Gwen, Prince Nuada) Finally finished after 9.5 hours. I don't like the way I did the lines, however. I should have cleaned them up more. Nuada's face bothers me still after lots of time trying to readjust it. Here is the WIP

Someone asked me, "Did you get Vaedryn off of Prince Nuada?" Considering I saw Hellboy II last month, and I've been writing about Vaedryn for years, I created this joke. They say the following:

Prince Nuada: So, is it true that your creator based you off of me?

Vaedryn: I find that highly unlikely considering I was born about five years prior to the day your creator even began to consider you.

Prince Nuada: And the scar on your face?

Vaedryn: Inspired by Master Jiub, 2003

Nuada: And the long hair?

Vaedryn: Long-hair fetish? Just flip through KFBD's gallery, and I need not say any more.

Nuada: At least I am...more attractive.

Gwen:

Jeanette: OMGWTF Two Vaedryns? One was hideous enough!