My recent art

kungfubellydancer

Personally I don't like the way this turned out. At one point I restarted the entire image all the way back before cutting out the photos, but it still turned out strange. I don't like it much, and I might end up making another.

I must tell you that you are a great artist, your pictures include so many poestry, and colors fit wery well together with your choises of subjects and backgrounds.

I agree with you with the picture of Jeanette on Post Sep 10 2009, 10:35 PM, something looks strange with the background behind Jeanette's head, I personaly think that the top right side with the giant mushroom doesn't fit so well, for having a better harmony in your composition you should take the giant mushroom to fill up this background zone, or simply cut the darker top right loaf zone and put in a lighter one, in mushroom tinge for example, in result Jeanette subject should be better interlinked, nevertheless it's a great work!

Thanks for sharing your art :thumbsup:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't like the way this turned out. At one point I restarted the entire image all the way back before cutting out the photos, but it still turned out strange. I don't like it much, and I might end up making another.

I must tell you that you are a great artist, your pictures include so many poestry, and colors fit wery well together with your choises of subjects and backgrounds.

I agree with you with the picture of Jeanette on Post Sep 10 2009, 10:35 PM, something looks strange with the background behind Jeanette's head, I personaly think that the top right side with the giant mushroom doesn't fit so well, for having a better harmony in your composition you should take the giant mushroom to fill up this background zone, or simply cut the darker top right loaf zone and put in a lighter one, in mushroom tinge for example, in result Jeanette subject should be better interlinked, nevertheless it's a great work!

Thanks for sharing your art :thumbsup:

Thank you, that's very good advise! Unfortunately it turns out the .psd file for that image is corrupted, so its now stuck the way it is, and I don't like editing directly onto jpegs because they lose quality too easily. But so far no one has given me better advise, and now I see what may be the problem. *sigh* I hated seeing that psd get screwed up. If you want to have an idea of how it looks now, it seems a ghost of the giant mushroom has planted itself in front of all the layers in an invisible, non-existant layer of its own, and its bright, bright red, and cannot be removed. In the psd preview it looks white, not red. Very odd.

Here's another picture I made just for fun. Took about 10 minutes in photoshop.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/259/6/a/Animated_Sparta_Quick_Draw_by_kungfubellydancer.gif

Thank you, that's very good advise! Unfortunately it turns out the .psd file for that image is corrupted, so its now stuck the way it is, and I don't like editing directly onto jpegs because they lose quality too easily. But so far no one has given me better advise, and now I see what may be the problem. *sigh* I hated seeing that psd get screwed up. If you want to have an idea of how it looks now, it seems a ghost of the giant mushroom has planted itself in front of all the layers in an invisible, non-existant layer of its own, and its bright, bright red, and cannot be removed. In the psd preview it looks white, not red. Very odd.

Here's another picture I made just for fun. Took about 10 minutes in photoshop.

Ready for the battle! Ha,ha... good! It's a very funny one, we could remind the hero in the famous film 300', here's a link to a video on YouTube with Era's song "Looking for Something"...

It was a pleasure to help you for Jeanette's compo, all of this reminds me when I was graphic designer and artistic manager in an advertising agency, but it's the past yet... Sorry for the result in editing, it's so sad for your .psd file, the uses of "bend" tool would be helpful for correcting...

Here's a photo of me:

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs51/i/2009/261/6/b/Kung_Fu_Belly_Dancer_by_kungfubellydancer.jpg

Here's another photo manip I did. It's part of a series. http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs50/f/2009/261/c/6/Dark_Harem__Celestial_Succubus_by_kungfubellydancer.jpg

Here's a photo of me:

Great!... (floping into my armchair)... :turned:

Here's another photo manip I did. It's part of a series.

... (geting back on my emotions)...

Very well made, magical mood on moonligth... it's like a dream...

... (just a little thing, oh... forgive me, I don't want to hurt you, may I suggest? the left foot basis is a little too linear, a little retouch and it will be perfect)... <snip>... no, don't pay attention to those details, I'm sometimes infected by the "perfectionism symptom complex" (Lol).

Go on and on with your work, ou are talented. :smile:

Here's a photo of me:

Great!... (floping into my armchair)... :turned:

Here's another photo manip I did. It's part of a series.

... (geting back on my emotions)...

Very well made, magical mood on moonligth... it's like a dream...

... (just a little thing, oh... forgive me, I don't want to hurt you, may I suggest? the left foot basis is a little too linear, a little retouch and it will be perfect)... <snip>... no, don't pay attention to those details, I'm sometimes infected by the "perfectionism symptom complex" (Lol).

Go on and on with your work, ou are talented. :smile:

Thanks for the suggestion, and no, not offended at all! I really need constructive criticism, otherwise, how would I learn? Sometimes I can be lazy with my manips so I leave in little mistakes like that.

Oh, and by the way, I forgot to add that the manip is NOT me, just the first image.

EDIT: here's the full outfit. I'm not the skinniest girl out there, I know. But I still like dressing up.

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs51/i/2009/261/b/e/The_Dark_Bride_2_by_kungfubellydancer.jpg

EDIT 2: I made the fabric belt with black fringe (which has tassles in the back), the red skirt, the bra (in its entirety) but NOT the thinner belt with coin fringe. The robe, corset, and the Veil I did not make.

Oh, and THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for the wonderful comments!

Thanks for the suggestion, and no, not offended at all! I really need constructive criticism, otherwise, how would I learn? Sometimes I can be lazy with my manips so I leave in little mistakes like that.

... we are all learning every day, and being lazy can be indicative of smartness.

Oh, and by the way, I forgot to add that the manip is NOT me, just the first image.

... :smile: ...

EDIT: here's the full outfit. I'm not the skinniest girl out there, I know...

... what did you say? No, I don't believe you... decency compels me not to tell more. :biggrin:

EDIT 2: I made the fabric belt with black fringe (which has tassles in the back), the red skirt, the bra (in its entirety) but NOT the thinner belt with coin fringe. The robe, corset, and the Veil I did not make.

... Wow...

The full custom-made is simply amazing! And you did it by ourself... :thumbsup: Just a question: it seems to be inspired from a mix of traditional and "gothy" tendance, or am I wrong?

Yes, it is gothic tribal. Did you forget that I call myself "kungfubellydancer"? I enjoy tribal dance, but I don't usually wear a robe or corset with it, that is just for the photos. I prefer not to show my belly. Stretch marks aren't too lovely to look at. I usually wear a leotard beneath my costume when dancing for others.