ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Trouble with OOO 1.34

CHB000

Trouble with Oscuro's Overhaul V1.34 beta5.

I an assuming this is the current version, if not excuse my oversight, thanks. I am running a fresh install: Si & official Patch Oblivion version 1.2.0416. Whenever I encounter a NPC wearing "Unfinished worn steel cuirass", the item is invisible but when slain NPC is looted, the body is 100% visible and correct. The issue was not there with V1.33. This is double annoying as I understand V1.34 of OOO is required for FCOM. This particular glitch occurred in memorial cave on a vampire spellsword.. I have attached an image of load order.

Well, you don't need Harvest [Containers], as it's included with OOO. So get rid of those. Also, choose only one Initial Glow mod, not all three. Have you run your load order through BOSS?

Harvest [Containers], and 2 GFX glow removed, yes I am using BOSS. Issue still persists. I am going to do yet another clean build with nothing extra installed and see what happens. BTW, I amusing the lite version of OOO with no options selected. Question:Is OOO 1.3 supposed to come with both a "Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm"& esp file??? I am using the DL from Filefront labeled "ooo1.3.exe" @413MB size.

Thanks again---persistence WILL win every time!!!

Yes OOO 1.3 is supposed to come with an esp and esm. So does 1.34 Beta 5. You can't use the lite version of 1.34 Beta 5 because all that it comes with is the full. Whichever you use (and I recommend 1.34 Beta 5), use only the esp and esm from that package. Don't mix and match esp's and esm's from 1.3 and 1.34 Beta 5.

I did a Clean reload with no mods other than OOO V1.34, Si, and official /unofficial patches installed.here is my load list, as built for testing this issue:

Date/Time

• 9/6/2009 6:36:47 PM

Active Mods

• 00 Oblivion.esm

• 01 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm [Version 1.34]

• 02 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.2.0]

• 03 UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp [Version 1.0.0]

• 04 Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

• 05 DLCShiveringIsles.esp

• 06 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.4.0]

• 07 Living Economy.esp

• 08 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp [Version 1.34]

I believe that the downloaded copy of OOO1.3 is corrupt, have tried several times , CRC's match om each DL I have tried. I have tried filefront and Planet elder scrolls. Can someone supply me with a known good link for OOO1.3?

Thanks again.... Frustrated on the west coast

Yes OOO 1.3 is supposed to come with an esp and esm. So does 1.34 Beta 5. You can't use the lite version of 1.34 Beta 5 because all that it comes with is the full. Whichever you use (and I recommend 1.34 Beta 5), use only the esp and esm from that package. Don't mix and match esp's and esm's from 1.3 and 1.34 Beta 5.

Not sure I understood this one. Here is what I did :

1. OMODed 1.33 complete and installed Lite version

2. OMODed 1.33b patch for Lite and installed

3. OMODed 1.34b and installed.

Did I do something wrong ?

A quick update on my quest to fix this problem. I have been using the ooo133.exe version, for starters it has NO "Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm" file. patching it with the 1.34 ver, don't fix issue. So I have to assume that the .exe ver. is nerfed! I am going to try again with the 7z version and patch.

Stay Tuned!

Problem solved. The ooo133.exe file is bad news, it is missing several files! I opened using 7zip to be on the safe side. BTW, I am running Win7-64, I've read that this may be an issue for the exe version, BUT I don't see how or why. Anyways, thanks for reading my posts and giving suggestions. They put me on the right track to solving the issue. I hope my tribulations with OOO can help others avoid this insidious issue.

Thanks again from CHB000, aka Howlingwind

You should install the full version because 1.34 is full version only.

Ok thank you for the information.

I wanted to know another thing : I would like to install OOO with Francesco only. For that should I use FCOM ? Can I install OOO full with Francesco Full (just keeping one version of Living Economy) ? Note : I don't want to use War Cry nor MMM...

Eventually, can this be done without FCOM by installing LITE version of OOO ? Or can I use FCOM without MMM and WCry features yet making the combination more stable.

Thanks

Dorian