Girl Gamers

Herculine

Why should the old boys have all the fun. The women of the community are what make it more diverse and special.

There are more here than most realize. Without you, this place would denigrate into a testosterone fest.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't find it anything to worry about really. One time I was on a multiplayer server with all guys besides me on it originally and then eventually toward the middle of the game, a female gamer joins on.

In about ten minutes, she has more kills than everyone else and only 2 deaths, compared to say, my 10 deaths. By the time she left, she had like 40 something kills, and had beat the rest of the "guys".

So it just goes to say that female gamers can be even better than male gamers.

And what can we do without women sensitivity?

"If men rule the world then women must rule men" is one of my favourite adage, having this roaming in my head night and days long. :biggrin:

Of course I'm against those old ugly stereotypes, if you want to debate about it in a serious way, and merrily (hopefully) human minds are changing in better ways, we can find plenty of good examples in our society today.

This saying, if you want a funny way, we can consider three concepts 1. my gender is male: ...what a funny picture, makes me laughing a lot (but not too long) 2. my gender is female: ...grrr... those ugly boys making so sad jokes (and if it was in fact a girl who made that joke, we can take this in consideration too - Lol) 3. my gender is (whatelse?): ...boah, I don't have to take that offense to heart, as it is for fun...

And as I'm previously saying in the topic, in my humble opinion, self-derision is a distinguishing feature of well-tempered value, so go for fun. :thumbsup:

I'd take exception if it were in some official publication, educational forum, or presented as policy. Mm..at a stretch it could cause me to wonder whether it reflected more of the violent objection taken against females pursuing technical programs scholastically. Here in Quebec this has been an issue with tragic circumstances.

Then again, if you find yourself feeling offended, then let it happen. Some part of you may wish to be heard. Better to be vocal and investigate things (and yourself) than to remain silenced. Come too far 'baby'. ; )

-Kitten

For sure I'd never validate those silly things, especially if they were put in an official or educational context. Let me tell you that I will immediately send a pm to Dark0ne for instabanning them (Lol).

In my job we are working in a well represented women background. Mostly of them, indeed, have surely better quality (sensibility) for willing to do a work then men (hospital environment... erm, it was a secret). And I am very proud of them, even if I'm a man...

Honestly, I know we (all the people) have a hard work for making things going better, but I hope human minds are on a good way. It could take time to do so, but things are on the move, and as we say here in France: "Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité" (Liberty, Equality, Fraternity)...

And @Herculine: be proud of who you are... :thumbsup:

I do take pride in who I am, thankfully, and I have learned to make fun of myself as well as you may often hear me comment on my body shape though I suppose I'm really not as round as I think I am. But the media and society it seems places such an importance on particular appearances for females (and males) that I still have those days where I feel inadequate. I don't believe that I am overly sensitive or easily offended, per se, but having just joined this community at the time that I saw this picture my first thought was that I should share it and get feedback. Yearning to be accepted, I suppose, and wanting to be an active part of the community as opposed to a member who just logs on and downloads other people's work. But I thought the picture deserved some sort of comment, that as a female I could not allow it to pass me by without saying something. Perhaps a little righteous indignation there, as I still maintain the opinion that the picture is an insult to my gender and intelligence. But I suppose I could find it amusing, given time. After all, it could have been much worse, much more tasteless, I suppose.

Thank you to everyone participating in this thread! :thanks:

I do take pride in who I am, thankfully, and I have learned to make fun of myself as well as you may often hear me comment on my body shape though I suppose I'm really not as round as I think I am. But the media and society it seems places such an importance on particular appearances for females (and males) that I still have those days where I feel inadequate. I don't believe that I am overly sensitive or easily offended, per se, but having just joined this community at the time that I saw this picture my first thought was that I should share it and get feedback. Yearning to be accepted, I suppose, and wanting to be an active part of the community as opposed to a member who just logs on and downloads other people's work. But I thought the picture deserved some sort of comment, that as a female I could not allow it to pass me by without saying something. Perhaps a little righteous indignation there, as I still maintain the opinion that the picture is an insult to my gender and intelligence. But I suppose I could find it amusing, given time. After all, it could have been much worse, much more tasteless, I suppose.

Thank you to everyone participating in this thread! :thanks:

as women we are constantly bombarded with how others think we should act and especially look. Being small breasted has not stopped me from liking my body,my personality or in voicing my opinion, though some here seem to think otherwise.Luckily they are few.

I have always loved fantasy and sword and sorcery stories and art work so games like oblivion and morrowind are a natural for me.I think as women gamers we add to more than detract from gaming and forums in general

as women we are constantly bombarded with how others think we should act and especially look. Being small breasted has not stopped me from liking my body,my personality or in voicing my opinion, though some here seem to think otherwise.Luckily they are few.

I have always loved fantasy and sword and sorcery stories and art work so games like oblivion and morrowind are a natural for me.I think as women gamers we add to more than detract from gaming and forums in general

Take no offense on what I want to say, I'm talking on general purpose: why taking care about how others think women/men should act and especially look, and particularly if the others are wrong? Be what you want to be, without all those silly stereotyped "clichés", and lead the path you want to go in life the best you can, we know how it could be hard to do so... but, everyone is unique and do have considerations from others... I don't want to be seemed like a moralist, let-alone to pretend to. I'm only talking about what men/women are capable in such silly and sad stereotyped things, just the hard facts of life, and believe me, sometimes I just want to close my eyes, but a little candlelight helps me for trying to make life simply better...

What I will never forgive, is to be here for having a place we could call "Home", place that we share and love... and thankfully, women are praiseworthy for all this. :thanks:

Guest Salmacis1968
I think that sterotypes and narrow-minded thinking in general are unfortunately parts of our human nature which we will never be rid of until we evolve into something else. Sexism, racism, homophobia, etc. will always exist for us humans. I don't mean to say that there's nothing we can do about it and should just accept it, however. On the contrary, speaking out against such stereotypes in an intelligent and civilized manner is exactly what we should do. I empathize with you since admittedly there are aspects of my personality and lifestyle that others may never be able to accept. But I have reached a point in my life where the opinion of others does not matter to me nearly as much as it once did. Perhaps this same attitude will come to you as you get older. For now by all means continue to defend your beliefs and yourself, but do not let other people define who you are. Only you make up who you are.