Girl Gamers

Herculine

I take no offense at much any more.I am me and I am happy with me.Unfortunately the real world stereo types carry over into everything. I've learned thru trial and error,feedback and encouragement how to ignor the jibes and comments...for the most part. If someone singles out women gamers I'm more inclined to feel sorry for their lack of common sense and respect for women in general than to pay attention to their remarks.

we all enjoy gaming or we woulldn't be here and that makes us more compatable than incompatable IMO. :biggrin:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt about this. Please, forgive me for my "franc-parler". Happy to see that there are plenty of wise persons here. And certainly real gamers/girl gamers have more considerations to each others then they could find in the rest of the world, IMO. :thumbsup:

Well, after poking around on the Pyzam.com site, I'd have to imagine the image was meant in jest. Not my kind of humour, but yeah. I quite agree with the sentiments of Salmacis1968 and Dezdimona that aging can act as a filter and to not let distractions prevent one from enjoying life. Gosh, it is too fleeting.

Hmm..maybe I haven't been quite honest. I doubt that a true friend of mine would offer such humour. It is more than likely that I would stop the conversation and look at them in mild surprise. If that is the limit of their talents or manner, then I would likely soon become bored anyway. Time to move along and thanks for having made things plain to me.

So, Herculine, are you a big crybaby? If so, perhaps we could rail against the injustices of stuff while standing next to my mantlepiece? Only too glad to hand you one or two..ahem.

-Kitten

Well, after poking around on the Pyzam.com site, I'd have to imagine the image was meant in jest. Not my kind of humour, but yeah. I quite agree with the sentiments of Salmacis1968 and Dezdimona that aging can act as a filter and to not let distractions prevent one from enjoying life. Gosh, it is too fleeting.

Hmm..maybe I haven't been quite honest. I doubt that a true friend of mine would offer such humour. It is more than likely that I would stop the conversation and look at them in mild surprise. If that is the limit of their talents or manner, then I would likely soon become bored anyway. Time to move along and thanks for having made things plain to me.

So, Herculine, are you a big crybaby? If so, perhaps we could rail against the injustices of stuff while standing next to my mantlepiece? Only too glad to hand you one or two..ahem.

-Kitten

Thank you for lending me your mantle!

*Hands across mug from Aunt May's ceramic phase. The far wall, by all means Herculine. So, help me to follow, do you often make use of that site? Is it an especially large and popular one? Did you find that image by happenstance? Are we soon to take up the fight against them?

Perhaps Vagrant0, Lisnpuppy, and Jim_Uk were onto something by not taking the image very seriously? Anyway, as mentioned, women form a growing percentage of the gaming world. I wonder if someone like Jade Raymond of Ubisoft will manage to shift how the combination of females and gaming is perceived. I say this with strong regard to the impressive commitment she and Ubisoft have received from the government of Canada. And considering how desperate our prime minister is to establish a high-tech canadian portfolio, she may well come to cause more internal change than one would otherwise expect.

-Kitten

*Hands across mug from Aunt May's ceramic phase. The far wall, by all means Herculine. So, help me to follow, do you often make use of that site? Is it an especially large and popular one? Did you find that image by happenstance? Are we soon to take up the fight against them?

Perhaps Vagrant0, Lisnpuppy, and Jim_Uk were onto something by not taking the image very seriously? Anyway, as mentioned, women form a growing percentage of the gaming world. I wonder if someone like Jade Raymond of Ubisoft will manage to shift how the combination of females and gaming is perceived. I say this with strong regard to the impressive commitment she and Ubisoft have received from the government of Canada. And considering how desperate our prime minister is to establish a high-tech canadian portfolio, she may well come to cause more internal change than one would otherwise expect.

-Kitten

I found the Pyzam.com and the notorious image by accident while Googling for something entirely different. That's the problem with Google... sometimes you're led to see things you don't necessarily want to. But I can't in good conscience blame the search engine for that. I'm an adult with the ability to choose whether or not I click on an internet link not knowing where it might lead me.

In regards to taking up the fight, as I wrote earlier I'm really not trying to start a revolution here. I opened this discussion/debate to find in this community a friend or two, even if they do not share my opinion entirely. I think it says a lot about a person in how they comment on things like this.

..I think it says a lot about a person in how they comment on things like this.

Really? Take care, debates may reflect skill more than character. I notice that you have yet to toss anything from the mantlepice, but nevertheless hope that we might become friends.

-Kitten

Really? Take care, debates may reflect skill more than character. I notice that you have yet to toss anything from the mantlepice, but nevertheless hope that we might become friends.

-Kitten

Okay, no disrespect intended, but maybe I've misunderstood what the "mantlepiece" is?

-Kitten

Okay, no disrespect intended, but maybe I've misunderstood what the "mantlepiece" is?

I'm a bit in the dark on that one myself. :biggrin:

-Kitten

I'm a bit in the dark on that one myself. :biggrin:

I attempted to form a sense of camaraderie with Herculine. A mantlepiece, as made reference to here, is a shelf (wooden, marble, etc) above a fireplace. Often it is used to display photographs, figurines, and other objets d'art. I have no idea if Herculine is, as she questioned, a crybaby. However, playing with that opening, I invited her to stand with me at my mantlepiece and help empty it of the more hideous pieces. That while doing so might fail to dismiss the tag of being a crybaby, at least we'd be pals together. I was rebuffed. Ah well.

Jokes aren't funny if they have to be explained. Anyway, no offence taken and continued good health and happy gaming to all. : )

-Kitten