problem with posters.

Anarchist86ed

The transparent rips are part of the alpha channel, I think. I made ripped posters by copying vanilla posters, renaming them so that they don't overwrite the originals and then pasting my own pics in place of the vanilla images. Preserving the alpha channel from the original and using the same mormal maps as the original let me keep the tattered appearance of posters.

If you look at the image in Photoshop, or whatever you're using(open one of the ones extracted from the BSA) and locate the channels(not sure exactly where to tell you to look in GIMP, I use photoshop and they're right in front of my face) There will be red, green, blue, and a 4th called alpha. The alpha channel is basically a black and white map, that tells whatever program is reading it what is opaque, and what is transparent (gray scale applies too in some cases, I'm just simplifying for explanation purposes). Lack of this channel says "everything is completely opaque".

BadPenney's copy paste method would be the simpler way, but you can edit, or create your own alpha channel if you want the tears and tatters to be different from vanilla posters.

Additionally, we have normal maps in Fallout3(usually called "texturename"_n, which.. you could also call them bump maps, though it's technically different than a bump map. They do specularity(shininess/highlighting to simplify) too. You're also going to want those to line up.

Whatever your final method, I recommend opening one of the vanilla posters, and at least studying how those channels are laid out.