Americans

t3hf4ll0ut

@LHammonds:

Yes. Exactly. There are thick people all over the world, even in highly developed nations. But America has the biggest ego in the world, in the world's eyes, and so the rest of the world has no trouble being a little scornful of Americans, especially since American media is (to the best of my knowledge) the largest media base in the world, and the rest of the world sees a lot of what goes on in America. Compared to their own country's problems or drama, America's often seem silly and over-dramatized, while their own problems may be serious and detrimental to the well-being of the entire nation.

@Balgor:

Oh, and that doctor who is accused of giving MJ a lethal dose of painkillers... 1: People don't like him because they think he killed the King of Pop, even if he was just 'doing his job'. 2: He is guilty, if in fact, he gave him the lethal dose of painkillers. Doctors swear by an oath when they recieve their liscense that they will put well-being of their patients before anything else, even if the patient doesn't want it. By giving MJ a dose of painkillers that he knew could be fatal, even if Michael asked for it, the doctor is still guilty, because the doctor could've refused to give it to him out of concern for his own safety. But instead he was more concerned about how many thousands of dollars MJ was paying him to be his private doctor, and not about the well-being of his patient, thus violating the oath and being guilty of murder, or at the very least, some degree of manslaughter.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@darkprodigy4u

I agree fully with you, :biggrin: that MJ´s doctor may have violated his oath.

MJ was maybe not the easiest client for a doctor, and yes maybe

he was more concerned about getting fired, instead of telling Mr. Jackson

that hes use of painkillers could actually be dangerous.

I agree on this, but it stil is for a jury in a trial to decide, not the mob. :verymad:

Of cause they are all choked by the loss of the king of pop.

I liked him too. But justice should not be in the streets, but in a court room. :thumbsup:

@iTz Rossss X

We got as many overweighted in DK as in US.

So many that the goverment speaks about higher taxes on sweets and cakes,

and lower taxes on healthy food.

Here in New York, our crappy Lietenant Governor who became Governor after the Spitzer scandal, tried to impose a tax on energy drinks, sodas, and basically anything that made people fat, all in the name of trying to come up with a way to balance NY's horribly backward budget. It didn't even make it to the State Congress. Phail. Good thing too, because I like me the occasional Monster, and Coca Cola and Pepsi are big American industries...honestly one of the few that haven't been outsourced to China or Mexico or India.

On that note, Ford, the only stable automaker in the US, continues to push the size of their big pickemup trucks, which hurts the economy in two ways: oil isn't getting any cheaper, and most of the trucks don't get past 20mpg, and the fact that they aren't making them any cheaper, so people either buy them and get a drivethru colonoscopy on the payments, or, they buy imported cars like Honda or Hyundai or Kia or Suzuki or whatever. Toyota, if you haven't heard, is ruined in the eyes of Americans because of the massive gas pedal and brake recall.

So it goes.

Conclusion: America IS crazy LOL :D and so is the rest of the world too. ;D

Maybe, but your crazy people are definately more noticeable. :thumbsup:

Which ones? DK. We are only 6 millions. You´ll hardly notice! :whistling:

Trust me I could come up with a much larger list for my UK. But I won't, less time thinking of Blundering Blunket and 2 jags the better.

Maybe limiting American media and political nosiness would increase the reputation, considering most of that list fits under those catagories.

Thanks for finally clarifying that bit of american history.

If you do want a list of the UK heres an attempt:

2 jags Presscot (throws a mean punch though)

Blundering Blunket

Political Nosiness

Trying to turn natural disasters into PR goldmines (probably true of most governments though)

Tony Blair the liar

David Cameron the bandwagon jumper

PM Brown who doesn't really seem to do anything in public

The Sun

BNP (think nazis mixed with a dose of confederacy) as a whole

TV

the green movements

and so on and so forth

What the hell do you have against The Sun :verymad:

And yes Blair suck, but bush is really mentally injured, and Brown is FAR better than obama :down:

What the hell do you have against The Sun :verymad:

And yes Blair suck, but bush is really mentally injured, and Brown is FAR better than obama :down:

The sun insists on being called a newspaper, when really its just a bunch of opinions. Also they enjoy the bandwagon, I love their lines when they switched from labour to tory, complete nonsense about seeing opportunities blah-blah when it just boilt down to they saw which way the wind was blowing.

Also yes Brown is good, just a comment on how he doesn't build PR which makes him an easy target. BTW Sun he spelt it that name right, just messily, talk about a smear campaign backfire.

American friendly fire is perhaps the most tragic of these such as in Iraq; you managed to hit a British tank with British soldiers wearing British gear, I also think they had a British flag but that might of been the news embellishing stuff.

I agree, they killed at least 7 british soldier in Iraq, and about 6 in Afghanistan :rolleyes:.

Americans Friendly fire (Iraq & Afghanistan) :

-In the Battle of Nasiriyah, two U.S. Air Force A-10 jets mistook an American force of AAV's and infantry for an Iraqi armored column, and bombed and strafed it. Six U.S. Marines were killed.

-American aircraft attacked a friendly Kurdish & U.S. Special Forces convoy, killing 15. BBC translator Kamaran Abdurazaq Muhamed was killed and BBC reporter Tom Giles and World Affairs Editor John Simpson were injured. The incident was filmed

-American Patriot missile shot down a F/A-18C Block 46 Hornet 164974 of VFA-195 50 mi (80 km) from Karbala, Iraq, killing the pilot Lieutenant Nathan Dennis White (U.S. Navy). This was the result of the missile design flaw in identifying hostile aircraft.

-American Patriot missile shot down a British Panavia Tornado GR.4A ZG710 "D" of No. 13 Squadron RAF killing the pilot and navigator

- A pair of American A-10s from the 190th attacked four British armoured reconnaissance vehicles of the Blues and Royals, killing one and injuring five.

-An American airstrike kills eight Kurdish Iraqi soldiers

-American soldier Mario Lozano is suspected of killing Italian intelligence officer Nicola Calipari and wounding Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena in Baghdad

-In the Tarnak Farm incident of April 18, 2002, four Canadian soldiers were killed and eight others injured when U.S. Air National Guard Major Harry Schmidt, dropped a laser-guided 227 kilogram (500 lb) bomb from his F-16 jet fighter

-On 5 December 2006, an U.S F/A-18C on a Close Air Support mission in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, mistakenly attacked a trench where British Royal Marines were dug-in during a 10-hour battle with Taliban fighters, killing one Royal Marine.[35]

-Pat Tillman, former famous American football player is shot by American fire in April 2004

-Operation Medusa (2006): 1 - Two U.S. A-10 Thunderbolts accidentally strafed NATO forces in southern Afghanistan, killing Canadian Private Mark Anthony Graham.

-A US USAF F-15 called in to support British ground forces in Afghanistan drops a bomb on those forces, killing 3 privates of the 1st Battalion, the Royal Anglian Regiment, and severely injuring two others

-Of two helicopters called in to support operations by the British Grenadier Guards and Afghan National Army forces in Helmand, the British Westland WAH-64 Apache engaged enemy forces, while the accompanying American AH-64D Apache opened fire on the Grenadiers and Afghan troops :rolleyes: .

British Friendly fire (Iraq & Afghanistan) :

-British Challenger 2 tank came under fire from another British tank in a nighttime firefight, blowing off the turret and killing two of the crew.[

-First British on British friendly fire in Afghanistan, nine British soldiers from the 2nd Battalion the Parachute Regiment were injured, after being fired upon by British Army Apache Helicopter while on patrol in Afghanistan July 9, 2008

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2321845.ece

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2901515.stm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-41...h-war-dead.html