NPC won't stop attacking!!!

The two

Right, I have been stumped for ages over this and it's driving me mad.

As a werewolf I kinda accidentally ended up killing Graring and his buddies, I resurrected them and they came back hostile so I tried to sort this out by "stopcombat" that didn't work, the instant I pressed enter they simply just shouted taunts at me and as soon as I was out of the console they attacked, I've also tried "player->moddisposition 50, 100 AND 1000", this doesn't seem to have any effect what so ever, I don't know if I'm doing it right.

I've also reset that mission so that I'm at the beginning of it, I just need to stop them being hostile I reckon and it'll all be cake and biscuits... I hope.

Somebody please, PLEASE help this is going to make me go insane T-T

Also despite the resurrection, everyone still thinks Graring is dead. ¬.¬

Right, I have been stumped for ages over this and it's driving me mad.

As a werewolf I kinda accidentally ended up killing Graring and his buddies, I resurrected them and they came back hostile so I tried to sort this out by "stopcombat" that didn't work, the instant I pressed enter they simply just shouted taunts at me and as soon as I was out of the console they attacked, I've also tried "player->moddisposition 50, 100 AND 1000", this doesn't seem to have any effect what so ever, I don't know if I'm doing it right.

I've also reset that mission so that I'm at the beginning of it, I just need to stop them being hostile I reckon and it'll all be cake and biscuits... I hope.

Somebody please, PLEASE help this is going to make me go insane T-T

Also despite the resurrection, everyone still thinks Graring is dead. ¬.¬

Sounds like you ruined your save for that situation, I'm afraid. Morrowind is not as forgiving and has horrible AI when compared to Oblivion. It's only saveing grace is BloodMoon, none of Oblivions expansions come anywhere CLOSE to as good as BloodMoon. What you might try doing is resetting your Journal entrys for some of those quests so people won't think he's dead, and then your going to have to go into the TES construction set and make a esp that removes that instance of Graring and puts a new one in. This MAY save that save file. However, i strongly suspect that this won't, and you may have to start over.

• 3 years later...

I've come across this, when my character was a vampire and npcs would attack me. After being cured some retained this behavior and calm spells wouldn't work much.

What I've tried is the

setfight [value]

command on them. Setting it to 30 or even 0 made my npc friendly.