Things about Oblivion that make you roll your eyes

Megatarius

Everyone in Oblivion is butt-ugly. You need a mod to create characters that don't look diseased.

Everyone in the game walks the same way. Men look too feminine, women look too butch. It's a time saver, not having to do two sets of animations, sure, but it looks funny.

Everyone is really too ugly. I too think the guys look like women, and the women like men. What were the makers thinking when they made the characters? Did they just pretty much press the "generate face" button in the CS and conclude that was enough to then move on to the next NPC? No wonder they were messed up. At least the generate face button could've been made into a more reasonable generator...

I really wasn't impressed by the Mage's Guild questline...it was pretty boring and incredibly easy.

I liked the locations of the Mages Guild personally, but yeah it was too easy, and there are too few locations at which you are required to use magic. Only time in the entire guild I didn't have to deal with chopping someone up with swords was that Vahtacen quest near the beginning of the guild questline, after you get the recommendations.

There are toilets in Tamriel, and that's why I avoid bushes.

I count a trillion toilets and kids in Oblivion /sarcasm

Something that does make me roll my eyes is the vanilla underwear >_> dipers and paper braws, ugh.

You can, as darkprodigy said, get a body replacer, though that's not my sort of thing personally. I don't disagree though, that the underclothes in vanilla Oblivion really look like beggar's clothing, yet even the royalty wear the same undergarments...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may sound a bit strange, or like that post a page back about how the Vanilla game's underwear looks, but is anybody else besides me still wondering why they had to put underwear on the Khajiits and Argonians? I mean, in Morrowind, if you were playing a beast race, you could just go running around nude. Now, on Oblivion, they wear the same underwear as any other race. And, instead of looking feline or reptilian like they did in Morrowind, Khajiits and Argonians look like humans. They have breasts and navels, for the love of god. :blink: I mean, it's mentioned a lot in-game that Argonians are hatched, so that would eliminate the need for a navel. As for Khajiits, both of the things I mentioned they technically could/would have, except you can't see navels on cats, and they aren't built like humans/Imperials/Nords/Bretons/ Elves.

....Alright, I've finished ranting now :whistling:

They have breasts and navels, for the love of god. :blink: I mean, it's mentioned a lot in-game that Argonians are hatched, so that would eliminate the need for a navel.

And they wouldn't have breasts. 'Cause they're not, you know, mammals.

As for Khajiits, both of the things I mentioned they technically could/would have, except you can't see navels on cats,

With khajiit we've got the opposite to the argonians: realistically speaking they should have up to eight breast rather then just two. (Though, I suppose they wouldn't need that many provided they typically give birth to one cub at a time like humans. Any word on khajiit being born in litters?)

Of all the things that bug me about this game, the fact that they only used two bodies for all the races and then thought they could just texture reptilian skin onto it, is what bugs me the most. The Argonians look like people in masks. They look terrible in pretty much any clothing. The list goes on and on...

the most annoying thing right now for me is that everybody has a freakin name, even the nobodies! there are so many people walking around in various towns, but only few are willing to give you a job instead of repeating the same dialogue over and over again. i'd rather have the nobodies named "commoners" for example, so only questgivers or important people would stand out with real names.

Ok I've got a new thing that bugs me: The entire Sneak system

What is this Sneak attack bonus nonsense?

It ALMOST makes sense for melee stuff. But I realized how totally artificial and awkward it was yesterday when using a bow.

If I'm shooting at a creature 100 yards away and it has no idea I'm there, what the hell difference does it make if I'm "Sneaking" or not?

If I crouch my damage goes up 300%, even if I hit it in the same place? What the hell?

If I run up behind someone and hit them in the back with my sword before they can react it DOESN'T do extra damage because I wasn't in sneak mode and they 'knew i was there'

WHAT THE HELL? I still stabbed them in their totally exposed back!

Ok I've got a new thing that bugs me: The entire Sneak system

What is this Sneak attack bonus nonsense?

It ALMOST makes sense for melee stuff. But I realized how totally artificial and awkward it was yesterday when using a bow.

If I'm shooting at a creature 100 yards away and it has no idea I'm there, what the hell difference does it make if I'm "Sneaking" or not?

If I crouch my damage goes up 300%, even if I hit it in the same place? What the hell?

If I run up behind someone and hit them in the back with my sword before they can react it DOESN'T do extra damage because I wasn't in sneak mode and they 'knew i was there'

WHAT THE HELL? I still stabbed them in their totally exposed back!

Speaking of which, I'd like sneak attacks better if I could actually assassinate people with it. Like, sneak up on a dude and stab him dead in one attack without his friends noticing, that sort of thing, instead of scoring a bit of extra damage before everyone breaks out the broadswords and warhammers.

Speaking of which, I'd like sneak attacks better if I could actually assassinate people with it. Like, sneak up on a dude and stab him dead in one attack without his friends noticing, that sort of thing, instead of scoring a bit of extra damage before everyone breaks out the broadswords and warhammers.
Isn't that part of the featurelist of Deadly Reflex mod? Or... I know that's part of the featurelist of one of the mods out there...pretty sure it is DR, but I could be wrong...

Things I hate in oblivion,

1) Orcs, (Did somebody say, Genocide? :biggrin: )

2) People lower than me that talk to me like their better than me , Eat midas magic a$$Hole

3) Getting arrested

4) Dying

5) Long Pointless Quests

6) bad directions that result in being lost (Anyone with me?)

7) Gate Weather, (Ever just walk through the forest and POOF! everything turns red and annoying)

9) People who state the obviouse, (Yes I have rad abs, point it out again why don't you)

10) Crashing

11) More Crashing

12) Lag spots, (You know the ones)

13) claudius vile glitch (They fix that yet? I am too scared to chek)

14) Glauthier. (I hate you,I hate you, I hate you! Commmit suicede because I don't want your tainted blood on me!)

15) The female elf's Grunts. (My god, it sounds like a banshee strangeling a rooster!)

16) The mismatched texturing, (Evernotice that faces are 9/10 times way different than the body?)