Problems Saving

Herculine

When I start adding mods to Morrowind things always go well for a while, until I start adding the really large quest mods like The Underground, after which I can no longer save my progress. There are no error messages... I simply can't load a save anymore. Does anyone know what this problem is or how I can either fix or avoid it?

I had a similar problem once, which, oddly, only started occurring after getting big mods that installed themselves with an .exe.

Are you using Vista?

If you are, make sure you installed the mods as an administrator.

Make sure you're also running Morrowind as an administrator.

Also! One last question...

Is Morrowind on your primary partition?

I lied, I have another. =P Have you tried all types of saves? (IE: Quick save, Auto save, manual save..)

It does it with any type of save.

I'm running XP Pro.

I'm the Administrator.

I've tried having the game installed on each of my 3 hard-drives and it does not seem to matter.

I've installed any Morrowind patches that I am aware of.

It does not seem to be caused by any single mod; just whenever I start getting a few big ones installed.

It's almost like a Morrowind save can only hold a certain amount of data. Is that true?

Anyway, I want to play Morrowind again, but this bug always stops me in my tracks so I come back to Oblivion.

When you attempt to load, does it give you back some sort of error? Or is the Save simply not there?

Also, What all mods are you using? If you want, you can PM them to me. I can try and replicate the problem so I can figure out how to fix it better. =P

The ones that seem to cause me the problems are The Underground and The Underground 2, I believe simply because they are so large. I get no error messages. When I try to load a save I simply CTD.

Have you tried sleeping for a while? Letting things flow for the moment might help out.

I came along this as well:

After installing the patch, restart from a save you had BEFORE installing The Underground.

There is some info at the readme about cleaning your save... it might help :)...