packs set

BladyKillher

This is my idea/suggestion about easier bag/container handling based on possibilities that I saw so far in game and my inability to make it myself.

I tried to focus on immersion, realism(as long as it's fun) and easier operating with my idea(otherwise I would just tweak blackwolf backpack to 10000lb carry increase).

I've put this as idea/suggestion because I can't do it myself. I know how to operate geck, FO3e basics where you can change different values, choose properties and such but I have 0 skills/perks in creating new items, combining things and scripting.

I can also make a mesh and texture needed(but need to figure out how to convert it for game)

I've spent couple of days trying to figure how to make gunnysack shows like a backpack, merge with blackwolf etc.. or how to change JWG technical backpack script(delete random lines, change numbers... etc, noob tryouts) but no luck, I need others for help.

So if anyone is interested in starting this project or point me how to do certain things I'll be more than gratefull.

- - - -

This is whole idea:

Bag1: Backpack, bergen, rucksack, mule bag...

Behaves exactly like JWG technical backpack but without weight limit(you can pick it up even if "overloaded/overweight"), some weight reduction for items inside can be included if that won't be problem to make but no weight reduction/carry increase would do fine too.

More specificaly:

-When you pick it up it's automaticaly worn

-acts only as container you can pick up and drop with all items inside(just like JWG techincal and gunnysack, but not like Blank's behavior which transfers all the item and backpack into inventory) when you pick it up.

-when you sneak you open it, when you stand you pick it up(or otherway around, same thing)

-Gives some weight reduction for items inside is most prefered, if not then increases carry capacity but if that is not possible then no reduction/carry increase will do to.

-[iF POSSIBLE] assign a hotkey that will immediately drop it on the ground if you carry/wear it. Adding extra configurable hotkey will be nice but even default ones 1-8 will do.

-[iF POSSIBLE] Don't know how it is now but add a feature that enemies will loot your bag same way they do to corpses. I saw that happening when dropped gunnysack, whenever enemy tried to loot sack (which was in placed mode ->behaving like container) but I guess he wasn't able to do it because message poped-up do I wish to open gunny sack or pick it up,

Why?

This bag is your "mule" pack. You storage and carry all the junk and non essential items here and won't be sad too much if you loose it or items inside.

JWG's technical backpack feature that is automaticaly worn when picked up is great visual aid so you won't forget to pick it up.

Situations/Scenarios

You stuff and carry all the junk inside and go become overencumbered thus forced to walk. You spot a place of interest in distance (loot, crowd, location...) and decide to check it out. You can either walk there or simply drop your backpack(loose overencumbered penalty) and be able to go there and back(run away if needed) much faster.

You walk into group of enemies or situation from which you need to runaway or start loading game. Since you can't run overencumbered you drop the back on the floor, regain ability to run and run away(or even sprint away if you have sprint mod) and maybe later return to check/pick up your bag if it's still there with loot inside.

Or you scout enemy group you want to engage but need speed and mobility. Drop the bag come to interest zone, wipe them out, loot , get back, unload loot into bag, pick it up and move on.

-

Bag2: Beltpack, belt pouches, utility belt...

Behaves exactly like JWG technical backpack(weight reduction, weight limit for items inside) but with reduced values since this is smaller bag with less space.

Uses different equip location than bag1 so it won't fight with it(automaticaly worn) for a place and/or possibly crash game

More specificaly:

-Different equip slot/location than bag1

-New mesh and or texture neede since I haven't seen anything so far that will fit.

-When you pick it up it's automaticaly worn

-behaves exactly like JWG technical backpack but with reduced carry capacity and weight limit.

-when you sneak you open it, when you stand you pick it up(or otherway around, same thing)

-[iF POSSIBLE] assign a hotkey that will immediately drop it on the ground if you carry/wear it. Adding extra configurable hotkey will be nice but even default ones 1-8 will do.

-[iF POSSIBLE] Don't know how it is now but add a feature that enemies will loot your bag same way they do to corpses. I saw that happening when dropped gunnysack, whenever enemy tried to loot sack (which was in placed mode ->behaving like container) but I guess he wasn't able to do it because message poped-up do I wish to open gunny sack or pick it up,

Why?

This bag is your container where you carry all the items you don't want to loose but aren't immediately essential like extra food, extra ammo, utilities, clothes/armor with different abilities...

It reduces item's weight inside so it's good as container and a weight reduction tool.

Situations/Scenarios

You approached to enemy position(bag1 is already left away) and you want to sneak in and maybe do a few stealthy/silent kills. You aren't overencumbered but you still want that little extra speed and stealth ability. You pull out your sneaking gear, silent weapons, stims... and leave in your character inventory only what is essential for surviving this situation like weapon, ammo, stims, drug..

Do a stealth shot, pick the loot, put it in bag to reduce weight (untill it's filled up) and move on onto next target. If you are discovered and fight starts, you can easily switch stealth gear with combat one, pull out extra ammo, stims or run away with some loot.

You came to place of interest(bag1 is left away) and you've found a few interesting loot pieces that will overencumber you so you'll have to walk back. You load it into your bag2 (untill max weight) and still have run ability.

You came to place of interest(bag1 is left away) and there is terminal, safe, person... and you need your +CHA or +Lockpick or +Science skill. Just pull them out of your bag2 and max your efficiency.

- - - -

Some additional ideas, thoughts

Penalties

Add some penalties for each bag like -2 AGI, reduced melee effectivnes, reduced sneaking for bag1.

Some minor penalties for bag2 since it's smaller.

Bag container.

Container where you carry your extras bag1 and/or bag2 which prevents automaticaly worn conflict if already have/wearing one.

Self extracting package

Compressed bag that once opened cannot be put back. Prevents autoworn conflict since it's a item that is not a bag at moment.

I saw that feature with pack of cigaretes in FWE mod (don't know who is original author) where when you open a pack it dissapears but you receive 20 cigaretes.

There is possibility of crashing/conflict if opened when you already have same bag in inventory(unless something can be done to forbid/remove option to open compressed bag if you already have one)

Beltbag -> multiple belt bags

Same thing as bag2 but instead of having 1 belt with bags you have each bag for itself on a belt(how to make a belt appear? or have invisible belt). For example bag2 takes belt slot and shows on right hip, bag 2 takes earring slot and shows on right butt, bag 3 takes ring slot and shows on left butt...etc.

You can name/make them as medic pouch, ammo pouch, utility pouch... Give different textures for easier recognition, fill each with apropriate content, and put on off as you need or won't need them in situations ahead. As they are automatically worn you'll know which ones you carry and what you have with you(unlees you just randomly load items in bags and never know what is where)

Tritium/nighstick

add a glowing stick to your back so you can find it easier in the dark.(fellout mod users will know how dark nights can be and how hard it is to find something)

I saw flare in fallout classic weapons mod and thought of putting it on a bag. It can have constant glow, light up only when you drop a bag or toggle on/off.

Additional idea is that it acts like pipboy light(but with less intense, just a flare glow) and enemies can detect it from further range if it's turned on and check it out.

- - - -

Possible bugs:

having 2 or more bags of same type(bag1, bag2) will result in conflict over same slot/location with autoworn ability.

Possible solution:

Make only 1 bag1 and 1 bag2 in game, and if one is lost you need to ~console it to get one.[stupid, breaks immersion and bags should be cheap item you can easiliy part with not something unique]

Make container or self extracting package where you can storage all the extra bags if you need to drop one. [better solution but you still need check if you already have one opened or you might crash a game if you open/extract/pickup another]

Script forbids pickingup/opening/adding/extracting a bag if you already have one opened. [You need to drop or put in container one you have before you can pick up, take out, extract another. Kinda frustrating but best solution so far]