Early retirement from Oblivion modding?

Guest Salmacis1968

Guest Salmacis1968

In recent months I have found myself distracted from modding for Oblivion by my love for another older game for which modding will require much of my time. I do not intend to totally abandon Oblivion; I love this game as well. But to be honest, I have not uploaded much, have only fleetingly participated in the forums, and my mods are not attractive to most of my fellow modders. This is not a cry for sympathy; I am writing this post instead to pave the way for a newcomer.

In recent weeks I have met (in the virtual world) a newcomer to this site, a girl half my age who calls herself Herculine. She is energetic and zealous, and shows a great desire to be an active, productive member of this community. She is also shy and reluctant, and has only privately shown me some of her work, which I believe shows great promise. We began communicating by chance and discovered that we both seem to specialize in creating NPC companion characters dependent upon the CM Partners mod. She has created quite a few, but is reluctant to upload them for whatever reason. Shyness and insecurity, I dare say.

The point of this post is this: in my absence from the Nexus I am leaving my unfinished works in the hands of this bright young girl to do with what she will. Unlike myself, Herculine does not turn her beautiful characters into things frowned upon by the community at large. I think she will do well here, given the proper encouragement, and I believe her works will be loved.

Thus this last post is a sort of legal document, a writ of permission. Please do not accuse this young girl of stealing my work for I give it to her willingly with the knowledge that she will do only good with it.

Good luck, Herculine, and fare thee well. Someday I will return, expecting to see great works bearing your name.

Herculine does not turn her beautiful characters into things frowned upon by the community at large.

and this sentence means what exactly?

I like her work also and am glad she has come to nexus. however the sentence I quoted makes me hesitate to think of you perhaps judgeing other modders by what they like to mod.I am not questioning your gift to her, bravo for that but it seems a little prejudiced on your part to include that statement for whatever reason.

Wow. I only just read the PM and checked my e-mail, and in turn saw this. I don't know what to say. Really. I've only been moving in this circle, so to speak, for about a week now, and you and many others have done nothing but welcome me and make me feel at home. I think I'll cry. Really. Thank you, Salmacis. I wish you the best of success with your DOOM mapping! Please continue to stay in touch! :thanks:

Oh, Dezdimona. To help answer your question in case he doesn't see it; I think Salmacis was talking about his Futanari/hermaphrodite characters, which seems to be his thing. He's kind of jaded when it comes to his lifestyle and how people do or don't accept him. I think I understand since, as humans in general, we all want to feel accepted and wanted. I don't think anyone here was actually rude to him, but maybe he expected them to be?

Wow. I only just read the PM and checked my e-mail, and in turn saw this. I don't know what to say. Really. I've only been moving in this circle, so to speak, for about a week now, and you and many others have done nothing but welcome me and make me feel at home. I think I'll cry. Really. Thank you, Salmacis. I wish you the best of success with your DOOM mapping! Please continue to stay in touch! :thanks:

Oh, Dezdimona. To help answer your question in case he doesn't see it; I think Salmacis was talking about his Futanari/hermaphrodite characters, which seems to be his thing. He's kind of jaded when it comes to his lifestyle and how people do or don't accept him. I think I understand since, as humans in general, we all want to feel accepted and wanted. I don't think anyone here was actually rude to him, but maybe he expected them to be?

my statement wasn't meant as a rebuke or a poke at him.If it came across that way I apologize.As for his modding preference, thats cool with me as I love adult mods as most here already know and Sexy companion is just one of more to come from Montana and I and our mod team. I am fasinated with trans-gender/trans-sexuals any way as my Trinity story is based on such a person.

I'm glad he chose to pass on his works to you and if you need suggestion,ideas or a critique please allow me to aid you, love ya, Dezi

my statement wasn't meant as a rebuke or a poke at him.If it came across that way I apologize.As for his modding preference, thats cool with me as I love adult mods as most here already know and Sexy companion is just one of more to come from Montana and I and our mod team. I am fasinated with trans-gender/trans-sexuals any way as my Trinity story is based on such a person.

I'm glad he chose to pass on his works to you and if you need suggestion,ideas or a critique please allow me to aid you, love ya, Dezi

Dezdimona, It's me that should apologize if I sounded too defensive. Being a bisexual, I'm also fascinated by the phenomena of human true hermaphroditism (though not so much with surgically altered men). That's why I chose my avatar/member name and it's largely the reason Salmacis1968 and I hit it off so well. It's so much easier to talk about this stuff knowing people don't know who I really am (unless, of course, someone I actually know sees my picture here). Anyway, I like some parts of the male anatomy but not the whole package, I guess. But now I'm rambling and probably offending someone so I will end by simply saying there were never any hard feelings, My Big Sister.

Dezdimona, It's me that should apologize if I sounded too defensive. Being a bisexual, I'm also fascinated by the phenomena of human true hermaphroditism (though not so much with surgically altered men). That's why I chose my avatar/member name and it's largely the reason Salmacis1968 and I hit it off so well. It's so much easier to talk about this stuff knowing people don't know who I really am (unless, of course, someone I actually know sees my picture here). Anyway, I like some parts of the male anatomy but not the whole package, I guess. But now I'm rambling and probably offending someone so I will end by simply saying there were never any hard feelings, My Big Sister.

cool. I think you and I share a lot in common :biggrin:

I've begun work on fulfilling the legacy that has been left to me, i.e. the MASSIVE Ayleid Ruin Salmacis was working on to house the many CM Partners companions he had in mind. It's going to be a slow process since I have school and a part-time job as a retail cashier, but I'll keep you all posted.

I've begun work on fulfilling the legacy that has been left to me, i.e. the MASSIVE Ayleid Ruin Salmacis was working on to house the many CM Partners companions he had in mind. It's going to be a slow process since I have school and a part-time job as a retail cashier, but I'll keep you all posted.

good,take your time,less mistakes that way.