Burnt books, put them to use please?

war77

So I have yet to see a mod that actually makes all those burnt books useful. as of now they just sit there, they weigh too much for their value to collect and sell, and you cant do anything else with them.

Has anyone made a mod that lets you use them to craft bandages or stimpacks, or use them as repair for armor, like padding yourself with them?

Anything?

It pains me to just see all these items the developers made, put to absolutely no use.

Kinda reminds me of the stories of people surviving stabbings by having magazines on the inside of their coat.

If I didn't suck at GECK, modeling and pretty much everything except for texturing (which wouldn't really even been needed). I would make a build-able burnt book armoured suit or something.

Well the developers made use of anything that is in the wasteland they are useless items that would be there.

I was thinking, if you had 1 book and 1 dirty water on you, and you use a kit, or even just the book, it uses them up and creates a bandage that you can use, that does like +10hp over 30 seconds.

A small heal, but useful if you are out of stimpacks and stuff, and readily available.

With the refill mods this would also make empty bottles laying around useful too

I'm working on a mod that adds stories to the books of the waste as well as adding a few of my own (check my sig). I'm also thinking of integrating a quest with a perk reward or maybe a weapon that will use the books for ammo and repair. Mostly ideas at the moment, but the stories are being integrated as we speak. Might be something your interested in?

We should use more than just burnt books- tin can and other "useless" materials should be "reworked"..

Tin cans do have a use; they're used for crafting Nuka Grenades.