What Scares You?

5ivexxxxx

that, and pedobears

That reminds me of this one time where a Yao Gui.....I'd rather not go into details, I'll just say that after that event I was never the same......horrifying..... o_O

Cannon fodder is very bad for Scariness unless it plays on phobias (such as spiders) Like the flood first appearing on Halo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the flood first appearing on Halo

I fired tons of ammunition into those little monsters everytime I met time. Took me 4 Flood-Levels to realize it would need more than 15 to kill me if there aren't any big ones with them :closedeyes:

Here's an example of a scenario which would fear me ^^

A low-light area with flickering lights and lots of spots where it is absolutely dark. The layout would be like in the metros, away from the rails, like the place where Roy Philips lives. There you have to search for small items which lie around on the floor and in the dark corners (Pip-Boy Light would be on). Searching those should take about 10 minutes and there is always the sound of Ghouls and a few attacks, so that you never know when they will attack and you're always tensed. Maybe someone's giggling, too. If you have finished collecting the items, you go into a bigger room where you notice a glowing light on a switch and go there. It says "Ligth Switch", so you are relieved because you finally will be able to see something, but when you hit the switch the lights will go out and a Deathclaw will spawn near you. Illuminated from your Pipboy only, it should be kinda scary. I guess ^^

Faint eerie sounds of something lurking, in complete darkness (complete darkness won't work becuase you need to see to play the game :happy: ), just a creepy setting helps a lot.

pipboy light only, that would work.

you could have the tripin effects from point lookout by makeing the player inhale toxic gas or something & you become stoned or something & then like normal fallout where you see the ghosts of your dad, have about 5 ghosts of gouls fly towards you one afterthe other & then a real one.

Oh, man. I was listening to screams and other sounds to add into the level at points. At night. With the lights off. I had to put on some happy music afterwards to save myself from the nightmares.

Yeah, this mod will freak you out. I hope I don't wet myself playtesting it...

The biggest fear when i play games is the loss of control over your character and horrific events start happening and you can't do anything about it. Take some games you are knocked down and zombies start eating you (with well done sound and music with the lights off this scared me)

If you want to be VERY creative then:

Have a mine in the middle of a room, you only see the red light. Obviously the man would believe he could just walk past it (With the perk), disarm it or shoot it.

All of these would fail and as soon as he enters the room the mine goes off. He is knocked back onto his back staring up at the ceiling with a flickering light. That's when you can run the movie. The movie will be a Fallout 3 cut-scene of horrific events. You could show the PC's dad being eaten alive or have random monsters fly at the camera screaming.

PM me if you want the nitty gritty details so you can hide it from the public :D

IceD

Also, sepperation from all humanity with no way to contact them.

Fear of falling from existance. For example getting trapped in a submarine that suddenly looses all power and communication and then it slowly sinks to the bottom of the ocean. Nobody knows you're there, nobody can hear you, see, you, or find you.