Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

This seems like the most interesting and best mod out there for fallout 3. Ever since fallout 3 stopped with DLCs i havent been playing it.

I cant wait for this mod to come out and even if I have no mod skills I would still like to help. Either with dialogue or quests or something.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like the most interesting and best mod out there for fallout 3. Ever since fallout 3 stopped with DLCs i havent been playing it.

I cant wait for this mod to come out and even if I have no mod skills I would still like to help. Either with dialogue or quests or something.

Thanks for the compliment. It is always good to hear that people are interested in my unique spin on gameplay and storytelling.

But anyways, I am always accepting help and ideas with the dialogue

I am going to be getting a section on the forum Ricko made that I am going to dedicate to people working on dialoge, whether you want to actually wright dialogue, or just read it and give feedback

http://agdt.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=4...15c05c70fea206e

The thing is, the ideas I have for the dialogue are quite ambitios, and telling a story in this format is something I not only havn't done before, so the more feedback and ideas I get the better

I will get the section up as soon as possible to make sure everyone interested in helping with the dialogue is on the same page, and we can work together to make something truely revolutionary

Also, if anyone sees anything around these forums that you think would be a good idea for this mod, tell me. Or if you see people that are looking for stuff that is related to my mod, shoot them a link.

I am going to isolate myself to this topic for the time being, since I have 3 strikes already, and getting banned from this site wouldn't be good for the completion of this mod... The moderators on this site obviously care more about keeping noobs happy than they do about getting rid of spam or haveing any bit or respect for the people who actually work hard to make Fallout a better game...

But whatever, I am just going to keep working on this mod and forget about the rest of this site. So if there are any good ideas out there send me a link.

I have 2 mods I'm working on which, with your permission will have additional characters to add to the town.

If maybe you could look over the topics (links in my Signature under the link to your DLC) and make sure my stuff fits ok with yours (faction info and characters who can be added to the town).

Damn... I was thinking those were really good idea's too... Well, I'm drawing a blank. I find the current quest-line a little too close to the Fallout 3 Main Quest and a little to bland =[ But, that's just my opinion. As far as my thoughts on Dr. Zeon go, say the Girl is Dr. Zeon's daughter, and she's really an android, and the Faction is looking to study her internal and mental structure to better themselves, but in order to prevent them from creating this unstoppable force, the player has to infiltrate/assault the base, disable her (aka destroy her) before any more research can be done. SO, Zeon isn't too happy with the towns people's decision and takes the lesser of two evils (in his opinion), striking a deal with the Faction that if he gives them his research they will release his daughter back to him. That's just scratching the surface, let me know if you want more.

well... the fact that you destroy her makes the whole purpose of the quest completly void...

because the whole purpose of the story was to put a backstory to the adoptable child, and if you kill the child then that kind of makes it hard to adopt them :mellow:

the idea is to rescue the child, not destroy them

and the girl isn't Dr. Zeon's daughter, the doctor is just a mad scientist that performs experements on her.

So really, your story doesn't exactly fit with what I am working on

is there anything special about the child that makes Zeon want to experiment specifically on her (like shes a little sister from Bioshock, or Marie (the Pitt baby))

cause that could make an interesting storyline with her

and yes, destroying her would sorta defeat the point of including her in the first place

Liked the idea of personality traits determining the girl's fate, what about taking it a bit further and having a few branching options of careers for the girl based on what you do around her?

I'm thinking of "My daughter, the fix-anything mechanic" if you let her watch while you repair

"My daughter, the SCIENCE! whiz" cracking terminals.

"My daughter, the born sharpshooter" obvious.

Would there be anyway to simulate experiential learning? I guess I'm thinking of her as eventually growing to be an actual sidekick, not sure if that's part of the overall plan.

Okay... sorry. Maybe I read over that section of the mod. -sighs- I think I'm going to give up. I have all these great ideas, but apparently none of them are valid.

It isn't that I don't like your stuff, you just keep changeing characters that I have already begun working on, and I am not really wanting to go back and re-do the stuff I have already done for these characters.

I can't implement a corrupt mayor without totally revamping the characters of him and his family, and the girl being an android would make it immpossible for me to have multiple paths of emotional growth the girl can have, since I don't buy into the idea of androids haveing complex emotions. And Zeon haveing any sence of morality completly changes the character.

Liked the idea of personality traits determining the girl's fate, what about taking it a bit further and having a few branching options of careers for the girl based on what you do around her?

I'm thinking of "My daughter, the fix-anything mechanic" if you let her watch while you repair

"My daughter, the SCIENCE! whiz" cracking terminals.

"My daughter, the born sharpshooter" obvious.

Would there be anyway to simulate experiential learning? I guess I'm thinking of her as eventually growing to be an actual sidekick, not sure if that's part of the overall plan.

honestly, I wouldn't have a clue on how that would work. I don't know anything about how to have npcs gain stats or how to make followers

if someone else was willing to take on the task, after the regular part of the mod if finished, I would be all for it. I know Q knows how to make companions, but it would all depend on whether he would be interested in doing that eventually.

but for now I am just going to be worried about actually getting the child to work :biggrin:

but I do think I might expand on something along the lines of haveing you give the child certain toys, like some tools for example, and if they were also friends with the carpenter they could help out the carpenter and build something for you. The same could work with other stuff, like buying the child a sewing kit or an electronics kit or something like that.

I don't know, I just thought of the idea two seconds ago when I was responding to your post...

It isn't exactly them gaining skills for helping you out, but it gives the illusion of it, and it is something I would know how to pull off.

is there anything special about the child that makes Zeon want to experiment specifically on her (like shes a little sister from Bioshock, or Marie (the Pitt baby))

cause that could make an interesting storyline with her

and yes, destroying her would sorta defeat the point of including her in the first place

Yes, there is deffinatly something special about her. But what it is, I don't really know yet. I am still working on several different ideas and seeing which one has the most potential for tie in stuff with the Faction, Vault, and Town.

Every time I get to working on an idea, everything will fit, but then I realise that the Faction would have no use for her, or that it wouldn't be practical in a vault, or that the power is to overboard for Fallout...

But I will get it up here as soon as I figure it out.

I am a big fan of the little sisters on Bioshock, simply because that was really the first time I have ever hesitated to kill someone in a videogames... I actually stopped and thought twice, and didn't kill the kid... When I actually did decide to kill them my second time through I actually felt bad about it

That is a rare moment in games, that I wish would happen a lot more.

The only other time I really felt evil in a videogame was when I sold Bumble to Paradise Falls... I laughed when I blew up Megaton, but when I sold Bumble I just felt like an evil asss hole...

That is also why I am going with a little girl to pull sympathy out of the player, because it works ;)