Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you planning on creating a new race for "The Faction"? For example robotic eyepatches (texture only, like Billy Creel) and other "cyborg-enhancements".

Btw, I could help with simple image-stuff like creating posters for the town or help isgod101 polishing the screenshots.

I was actually thinking of designing a helmet type thing for them, which just so happened to have a cybernetic scope type thing covering the eye, but I havn't really go into too many specifics on that right now.

But you can help with the screenshots as well, you can never have too many

You can also make signs and stuff for the town too, either old pre-war posters (make them funny) or hand painted signs for the Tavern or General Store or whatever else.

But anyways, IceDragon said he would work on the Vault, and Ryann122 said he has a base that he will let me use for The Faction's main base.

I will leave the whole Faction thing open ended and not have you finish them all off at the end of the quest, that way other people can expand on the group later if they want to make quests and such.

I will give anyone that helps out The Faction armor as soon as it is complete, as opposed to waiting untill the entire mod is done. I am hopeing to get it modeled and textured in the next week or two.

I will also be getting the house textured, I have had it unwrapped for a while, but I was waiting untill I get my new Wacom tablet to really spend too much time on it. The Wacom should be comeing in the mail today or tommorow so I can get to some serious texture and concept art work.

Hey Tony put the link to this thread in your Signature! Free advertisements are the best!

Man, my job allows a lot of free time during this season :sigh:

I look at the forum and notice my name as the last poster and it reminds me of that rull where posting in every thread isn't needed or something like that >.>

Hey Tony put the link to this thread in your Signature! Free advertisements are the best!

Man, my job allows a lot of free time during this season :sigh:

I look at the forum and notice my name as the last poster and it reminds me of that rull where posting in every thread isn't needed or something like that >.>

how is this signature?

When making a town in the middle of the wasteland, be sure to keep an eye on other things in the main game lol...

But one good way of expanding your wasteland into other areas, is if you create a short but simple path from a cave entrance to the other side where a open wasteland is, but that area being surrounded by rocks and a few openings in the walls (boundaries of the wasteland)...

But if you decide to add more towns or villages then maybe it can work...

This can work best with GTS travel mod too...

It could have a mini map that allows you to fast travel to each important location in the town maybe? Or maybe make the area bigger so the town is in the center of the minimap while important areas are listed outside the town...

D - Door to mainland/miniarea

x - interesting spot

o - town location

|--------D--------------------x--|

|---------------------------------|

|--x------------x----------------|

|---------------------------------|

|--------- \----------------x-----|

|x----| o .|----------------------|

|------\__/----------------------|

|-----x--------------x-----------|

I wrote out several but after re-reading them they sounded like crap so I deleted them.

Come to think of it I've never really had an intelligent conversation with someone. Now I could help with dialogue for characters who don't have a relationship with your character, relationships just aren't my thing (21 years and I've only been on one date which was a sympathy date from a lesbian). And as far as friendships go I usually only talk about Videogames and Rock Music.

Do you need any help coming up with events? (like Festivals and such?)