Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

The main part before adding more things is to get the main things created first. Then move off of that. Everything is planned out just need to move into the creating stage now. The interiors of the town need to be checked if to see if there good for use so best get back to that now.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work on the store :)

Quetzecotle already has a file with the exterior of the town, so I can send you that file or send him your file to get them put together.

we already have the layout of a couple of the buildings and have them linked to the outside world, I will email you the file as soon as I am done typeing this message.

If you can get the interiors done, then that will leave me time to get the exterior meshes into the game and working, right now I am still working with the textures to get the proper wateland look to it.

general store is done. From What i know we need a layout for a town that you save the kid from

General Store

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8910/generalstore.png

Just need to connect it to the world and add the NPCs.

Suggestions:

• The lighting isn't very interesting. Give it an actual lightsource ( ex. office ceiling light ), and more contrast between light and dark ( instead of just completely flooding the room with light ).

• It looks more like a house than a store. Make it one whole room with a few columns here and there.

Lighting can completely change the atmosphere of a level.

ya, that is just the GECK flood light that allows you to see what you are working on

I will get to the retexture once I get my photoshop to read the .DDS file from the game

Do you think there's a way to make ALL the NPCs bisexual?

Well, in theory it would be easy, but that would either mess up the dialogue or make me have to do twice as much dialogue... 8 characters with 2 of them haveing multiple responese based on sex is already a whole lot of work, if I made new dialogue for the other 6 as well that would really be a pain.

and it would mess up the integrity of my character design

So I am going to keep it the way it is. But when the file is released, you can always open it up in the GECK and open up the dialogue for both male and female if you like.

I believe some of the stors seem a wee bit small. Is that part of the design?

Most general stores I see are bigger than what is shown here

Alright Tony, Quetzecotle still hasn't contacted me and I have no clue how he wants the Vault designed. If I don't have anything in the next 10 hours (i get off work) then I'm going to just start building what I want.

Alright Tony, Quetzecotle still hasn't contacted me and I have no clue how he wants the Vault designed. If I don't have anything in the next 10 hours (i get off work) then I'm going to just start building what I want.

from what he told me he doesn't need anything specific, and he will work around whatever kind of vault he gets

so you can go ahead and design the whole thing however you feel works best, only thing I will request is that you have to walk all the way to the end of the vault to get to the basement level, enstead of haveing the basement level door be close to the front. Other than that anything should work.

and one more thing, if you want me to do any retextures of anything in the vault, make a copy of the base object so that I can change the texture on that peice without changeing it in whatever other vault it came from

I am completly willing to do retextures for whatever you need in the vault, so just tell me if you need any

also, did you get the file I emailed you?