HK416 SOPMOD

BrutlRaven

Munkeenuts got banned for converting a revolver for another user, for that users private use. the user, once in possession of the revolver then released it to the public without munkeenuts knowledge. Munkeenuts gave no credits to the original authors because the revolver was not supposed to be released to anyone else but the one user (there would be no point in giving credit to anyone if only one person was going to use the mod. For example, if i asked someone to convert me a model and that person said "here you go, btw credits are this person, that person and those people" i would say "and why do i care?".

the moderators were too pig headed to listen to his side of the story, by all reports, and made a huge error. its the old case of "im a mod therefore i am god".

people really need to get the facts.

Modders need to be responsible with community resources.

If you just send a pm to someone asking for permission to use their stuff and then give them credit there never is a problem.

Sending a pm does create a chance that they will deny permission explicitly. That chance is almost zero.

Most modders will be quite pleased to see that their creation is appreciated and give permission happily.

Whatever happened, maintaining a healthy modding community over the long run is more important than rare individual cases.

• 8 months later...
nooo noooo nooo he claimed credit on making the full model and texture for his SG552 mod as well those were ripped files from FPSB as well as are the HK416

FYI: Here are the credits MunkeeNuts published regarding the HK-416 model in his arsenal.

HK416

-----------

Model: Anti-Death, Soul-Slayer, Stoke, TheLama and Twinke Masta

Textures: AcidSnake and Thanez

Sounds: Vunsunta and xLongWayHome

ACOG model: TheLama

ACOG Texture: AcidSnake

ANPEQ-2 Model: Hellspike

ANPEQ-2 Texture: El Maestro de Graffiti

FO3 compile/edit: MunkeeNuts

I cannot confirm that he sought and received permission to port, but many, many people have ported FPSbanana weapons by these artists so it is reasonable to assume that permission is freely given.

Regarding the Sig552, Munkee credits:

SIG SG552

-----------

Model: Evan-0-Matic

Textures: Teh Snake

FO3 compile/edit: MunkeeNuts

To say he claims credit for others work is demonstrably false.