HK416 SOPMOD

BrutlRaven

I did not see any credits when those files where first released and in his original topic on the forums he had stated that he did all the work himself.

So it is reasonable to assume that permission is freely given.

This is not true every file released is released with a license and a readme which states the regulations of the file...the licenses link is on the main page which will tell you what you can do with the file. Some are released with full permission to do what you want, some require permissions from the original author, and some say you cant do anything with the files at all.Example. The reason they released files is because some of the FPBS artist are hard to get a hold of so they just wait 2 weeks then upload if they get no response. Ive seen multiple files that have licenses or stuff in their readmes that said you cannot re upload, edit, or do anything with their models, textures, sounds but they are still here on the nexus. But lets not biccker over some dood who got banned its old news.

• 2 years later...

Munkeenuts got banned for converting a revolver for another user, for that users private use. the user, once in possession of the revolver then released it to the public without munkeenuts knowledge. Munkeenuts gave no credits to the original authors because the revolver was not supposed to be released to anyone else but the one user (there would be no point in giving credit to anyone if only one person was going to use the mod. For example, if i asked someone to convert me a model and that person said "here you go, btw credits are this person, that person and those people" i would say "and why do i care?".

the moderators were too pig headed to listen to his side of the story, by all reports, and made a huge error. its the old case of "im a mod therefore i am god".

people really need to get the facts.

This is so true, The Nexus removed all the good Weapon mods, stolen or not, it's still bullshit.